Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a 1026R as of Feb, 2013. I've been looking for an answer for why when I try to reconnect the mower deck with the auto connect and the 3-point hitch in the lower position it doesn't go down all the way to make the connection. I have to get off the tractor, push the 3-point hitch down so it will be low enough for the auto connect to attach to the mower deck. Is there an adjustment that needs to be done? I'm still waiting on the manual for the mower deck from the dealer and have not had a chance to get in touch with them yet. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
20,732 Posts
First, congrats on the new tractor and welcome to GTT! :drinks:

Was there any binding when you pushed the 3PH down? Do you have the rate of drop valve (knob below the seat facing forward) open at least 1/4 to 1/2 turn?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, No binding, it just stops at 2/3 down. and I have the valve all the the way open.

·
Administrator
20,732 Posts
Thanks, No binding, it just stops at 2/3 down. and I have the valve all the the way open.
It sounds like you'll need to call your dealer. Hopefully it's something minor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called the dealer, they are sending a tech out Saturday morning to look at the tractor. Thanks again for the input.

·
Administrator
20,732 Posts
Keep us posted. :hi: I'm curious to what he finds. :unknown:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I never see this noted, and they didn't show it in the video, but the guy from the dealer that delivered mine told me to always move the PTO forward to the mid-PTO only position before the drive-over to install. I can't see how that would impact this issue, but thought I'd mention it.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
You have the MMM? Loader on ? I'm not sure from your post wether we have the same setup.

I had this problem. Turn off Tractor move the SCV back in forth to get all the pressure out. You should be able to get your boot under there to step on the lift. It should go down and stay down even when you turn the tractor back on. In fact it almost looks too low to connect....but it will.

Now you should be able to hook right up to it.

If my tractor is running and I have been using it, it usually has a bit of springyness to the lift and is up just a shade high to connect properly. The dealer said it should go away..I don't know about that.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You have the MMM? Loader on ? I'm not sure from your post wether we have the same setup.

I had this problem. Turn off Tractor move the SCV back in forth to get all the pressure out. You should be able to get your boot under there to step on the lift. It should go down and stay down even when you turn the tractor back on. In fact it almost looks too low to connect....but it will.

Now you should be able to hook right up to it.

If my tractor is running and I have been using it, it usually has a bit of springyness to the lift and is up just a shade high to connect properly. The dealer said it should go away..I don't know about that.
Chex,

I believe the OP uses the 3PH to raise and lower his mower deck. He does not use the "Independent Lift" (controlled by the SCV) to raise and lower the deck.

I also use the 3PH to raise and lower my 60D MMM and I have not had any issues with it failing to go all the way down in preparation for attaching the MMM.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Chex,

I believe the OP uses the 3PH to raise and lower his mower deck. He does not use the "Independent Lift" (controlled by the SCV) to raise and lower the deck.

I also use the 3PH to raise and lower my 60D MMM and I have not had any issues with it failing to go all the way down in preparation for attaching the MMM.
Yeah I thought about that after I typed it out. Oh well this ain't gonna help...:hide:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I was at the dealer yesterday buying some fluids and green spray paint. The parts/service guy mentioned that there is a recall coming on the 1026R (and I presume the 1023e) due to the moisture in the hydrolics issue that has been discussed elsewhere. I mentioned the issue being discussed here and he said there's a good chance it's related. He said they will call and arrange a time to pickup, repair and return when my number comes up. Hopefully right around the time for the 50 hr work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, dealer tech came out today. He checked for the recall for the water in the hydraulics even though my tractor has an newer serial number. It checked out clean, but to keep an eye out it to make sure. The rock shaft was working fine, but the drag links were binding up. Loosed up some bolts and nuts, added lube to the connections and worked about 45 minutes on it and now it lowers far enough that the mower deck will connect without too many issues. It is still hard to connect and I need to do some filing on the rough edges of the locking bar, but all is good.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Glad to hear the rockshaft/hydraulic moisture issue is not a problem for you. I'm seeing no problems either, will wait and see what happens.

·
Administrator
20,732 Posts
Well, dealer tech came out today. He checked for the recall for the water in the hydraulics even though my tractor has an newer serial number. It checked out clean, but to keep an eye out it to make sure. The rock shaft was working fine, but the drag links were binding up. Loosed up some bolts and nuts, added lube to the connections and worked about 45 minutes on it and now it lowers far enough that the mower deck will connect without too many issues. It is still hard to connect and I need to do some filing on the rough edges of the locking bar, but all is good.
Glad you found the issue.:thumbup1gif:

There is some tips on adjusting you mower here in the 1 series mower setup and adjustment thread. :good2:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Glad to hear the rockshaft/hydraulic moisture issue is not a problem for you. I'm seeing no problems either, will wait and see what happens.
In regards to the hydraulic issue, the update is a black cap to replace the original yellow one. On my '11 R, the top link carrier bracket fully encircles the trans filler hole creating a place for water to pool. On the current production Rs, the bracket is not fully encircled therefore has no chance to pool water around the cap. I've always been conscious of this concern, and have not gotten any water in my hydraulic oil. Glad to hear that the mower draft arms are moving freely now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts