Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many have used a 3 point hitch disc (or disc harrow, as some are referred to) on their 1025r?

I have some small areas on the farm that would be beneficial for a small disc, including the garden in the spring.

I see County Line makes a medium duty model that is 6 and half foot wide; seems too big for that size tractor.

Five foot would appear to be good.

People's experience's or opinions are welcome.

Reactions: Poppi

·
Registered
336 Posts
Reactions: smalltime

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well I was hopin I could help but it's been two months and I still have not received mine. However I will share with you how I arrived at my decision. I knew I wanted a Land Pride because of the way the gangs adjust, however when it came to the width I became more concerned with weight than with the pulling power. Farmer friends at work said you could go slightly shallower with a 5' and make two passes to achieve what you want if absolutely necessary. I also knew I wanted notched discs for the aggressiveness and the farmers at work told me they would pull harder, I'm not sure what the Countyline has. I went with a 4ft Land Pride because the 5ft weighed 580lbs accordin to the dealer and I was afraid the 1025R couldn't lift that much that far back and I'm not sure it would fit width wise where I want to get to disc. However after I purchased it I am pretty sure I found someone on this site that had one. I will try to find that topic for you.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts

Another topic that may be of interest. Hopefully this helps ya.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
657 Posts
This is a little OT from your question, but I was looking into getting one. i picked up a Single bar c tine cultivator instead. It does a great job on the back of the 1025r, especially in the moist spring soil. The times easily cut in, and it doesn’t clog up with mud. There are a lot of used ones floating around for about $200, and new ones are only about $300. It might be worth trying one. I love mine. But then, I have never used a disc harrow.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,572 Posts
I ran Frontier DH1066's (5 1/2') on my 2025R, it could have handled more, but not a lot. 6 1/2' disc harrows are likely to weigh in around 800 lbs +/- and will probably be a little much for a 1025.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Land Pride DH1060 for my 1025r. It has notched blades front and rear. Pulls with ease except when I have both gangs set aggressively. Just have to engage the four wheel drive and it pulls it with ease again.

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@gdow thanks for the links. I swear I searched 12 different ways and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for all the responses so far, seems to confirm my thoughts about size and weight.

Unfortunately, I don't see many sitting around at dealers and what there is available, is a hike for me. I am guessing if I order, I probably won't see it for this spring.

Hmmmmm.......

·
Registered
97 Posts
@gdow thanks for the links. I swear I searched 12 different ways and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for all the responses so far, seems to confirm my thoughts about size and weight.

Unfortunately, I don't see many sitting around at dealers and what there is available, is a hike for me. I am guessing if I order, I probably won't see it for this spring.

Hmmmmm.......
I know for me, it took 2wks for the salesman to get back with me, then another week of goin back and forth on price and stuff. Ordered February 22nd, he said 2-3wks, and I still haven't heard nothin. I'm in Ohio, not sure if territory makes a difference. Ordered a Land Pride DH1048. And no problem on the links.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts