Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a spare 54 inch mmm. I use for an extra if something happens to the one I have mounted. Been thinking about a 3-point hitch mower out of it, for my 2305. (had both knees replaced and kneeling is uncomfortable) I know I have seen them built out of belly mowers before but for the life of me I can't find anything on building one. Anybody know of any plans or web sites to search? I don't want to try to redesign the wheel here (or deck) so selling the extra deck is a option also.

·
Administrator
18,298 Posts
For the price of used RFM's, its not worth the hassle to try to convert a MMM into one. You could sell your extra deck and easily pay for a decent RFM.

First, the gear box would have to be changed since it is facing the wrong direction, and mid-PTO's run at 2100 RPM vs. 540 RPM for the rear. The splines and shaft size are also different.
Then you'd have to add the framework for the 3PH, and then the four wheels and supports.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yup, Kenny nailed it again.

Thanks Ken, I think you covered everything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew I would have to add the frame work, was not thinking about the gear box. Oh well to much time thinking of a project to do. Now to figure on which deck to get rid of!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts