Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rear blower attached to my 3 point hitch and I noticed lately that it is not rising up level.
The right side goes higher than the left which put the blower at an angle in the air.
I removed the two arms and tested the lift. They both seem to be lifting the same.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Just a WAG here, but if engine & blower are running, could be torque from the driveshaft. Like a drag racer launching from the line, the left front tire can raise up. Bob

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a WAG here, but if engine & blower are running, could be torque from the driveshaft. Like a drag racer launching from the line, the left front tire can raise up. Bob
It is angled even when PTO is not engaged.
I am getting concerned that my 3 point hitch might be f'ed
How does the 3 point hitch lift work internally? gear on a shaft? are both upper lift arms attached to one rotating shaft?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I looked at the PC and it shows a solid shaft connecting/between the lift arms. Did you check your lift arms to make sure they are not loose on the shaft?

·
Premium Member
11,370 Posts
It is angled even when PTO is not engaged.
I am getting concerned that my 3 point hitch might be f'ed
How does the 3 point hitch lift work internally? gear on a shaft? are both upper lift arms attached to one rotating shaft?
Yes, both lift arms are connected to a splined shaft that is rotated by a hydraulic piston. See diagram below. Common splined shaft is highlighted.

·
Premium Member
11,370 Posts
I have a rear blower attached to my 3 point hitch and I noticed lately that it is not rising up level.
The right side goes higher than the left which put the blower at an angle in the air.
I removed the two arms and tested the lift. They both seem to be lifting the same.
Any ideas?
Possibly a silly question but... assuming you have other 3PH implements which have some weight, do they lift crooked as well? Understanding it's winter and you probably have not removed your snowblower lately.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked at the PC and it shows a solid shaft connecting/between the lift arms. Did you check your lift arms to make sure they are not loose on the shaft?
They seem solid. I will check them again tonight

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Have you tried lifting anything else to see if the problem is the implement or the hitch?

Jgayman beat me to it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Possibly a silly question but... assuming you have other 3PH implements which have some weight, do they lift crooked as well? Understanding it's winter and you probably have not removed your snowblower lately.
Yes, as i lift the right side come up first then the left. It stays un-level all the way up

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you tried lifting anything else to see if the problem is the implement or the hitch?

Jgayman beat me too it!
I tried lifting with nothing attached and they seem fine. I will have another look tonight. I was worried tat one side was not lift at all which is why I removed the blower and tested it.

·
Premium Member
11,370 Posts
Loose or broken frame on the thrower?
I would also check the lower lift pins. Sometimes they can loosen and crook themselves in the holes. I had a rear blade do this once.

·
Premium Member
11,370 Posts
I do not think so but I will check. That blower is built like a WW2 tank
The situation you are describing is very unusual and at this point every component related to the hitch and lifting mechanism is suspect until verified.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a threaded adjuster on one of the linkages that connect the lift arm to the 3 point hitch arm . Usually on the right side when standing behind the tractor. It is used to level 3 point implements

·
Premium Member
11,370 Posts
There is a threaded adjuster on one of the linkages that connect the lift arm to the 3 point hitch arm . Usually on the right side when standing behind the tractor. It is used to level 3 point implements
I initially thought of that too but in the first statement the OP mentioned that he checked the lift arms by themselves and they both lifted to the same height - which would seem to eliminate the right adjuster.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes i had a look at that. there is no way that could have moved though. I will take some pics tonight

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I initially thought of that too but in the first statement the OP mentioned that he checked the lift arms by themselves and they both lifted to the same height - which would seem to eliminate the right adjuster.
:) let me triple check that. i was tired last night when i was looking at it haha

1 - 20 of 70 Posts