Green Tractor Talk banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Check that holes in the two lift arms are equal distance from one of the ends. You may have them out of wack. You have a 50% chance of putting them on backwards from each other unless you mark them. That will cause one side to lift either higher or lower. If you measure the hole from the end of the arm, there is about a difference of an inch from being in the exact center of the arm. I marked mine with blue tape so I know which arm is a left or right. Hope this makes sense.

·
Premium Member
11,370 Posts
Check that holes in the two lift arms are equal distance from one of the ends. You may have them out of wack. You have a 50% chance of putting them on backwards from each other unless you mark them. That will cause one side to lift either higher or lower. If you measure the hole from the end of the arm, there is about a difference of an inch from being in the exact center of the arm. I marked mine with blue tape so I know which arm is a left or right. Hope this makes sense.
I don't recall if the OP said anything about having a backhoe. If not, there would probably never be a reason to remove the 3PH from the tractor.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
I'm thinking that "unbalanced" implements are less of an issue than it would seem. I had someone sit on one end of my rear blade as I lifted it. That would have created a 200 lb imbalance. The blade still lifted up pretty much level
While it's a bit different, when we have a hay mower- drum or disc connected to the three point hitch there is a great disparity in side to side loading. I expect it to come up level when the 3ph is raised.

Someone mentioned checking the lift pin on the snowblower. I've had those work loose and that will cause a delay in lifting on that side. They don't have to be real loose to make a difference.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
35 Posts
My theory:

There is excessive play or wear in the left side rockshaft/lift arm splines. This, or the rockshaft is internally broken on one side with a "torsional" style fracture.

This would then cause the lift levelness to rely heavily on the implement's structure. With the implement detached, they would likely lift close to even through worn splines/a broken rockshaft with a torsional fracture. Worn splines can be mediated by adjusting the level adjuster on right hand side. Broken rockshaft requires some surgery.

That said, It would be nice to see a picture as to HOW un level it is lifting and when its in the air, a picture of the hitch arms/rockshaft etc. This would give a better path to a diagnosis.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I don't recall if the OP said anything about having a backhoe. If not, there would probably never be a reason to remove the 3PH from the tractor.
Does not having a backhoe mean that it couldn't have been installed incorrectly? I take mine off all the time when I don't want it hanging off the back of the tractor.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mine is off every winter, it doesn't fit in the attached garage with the car if I leave it on. I only need it on when I have the FEL attached and that is only when I no longer need the Snow Blower. Yes I have re attached them wrong in the spring and know know what to look for when I re-install. That is a good Idea someone had about the tape and I will try and remember to mark mine this spring as I attach them. Have to love all the great Ideas that come up on this forum

·
Premium Member
11,370 Posts
Mine is off every winter, it doesn't fit in the attached garage with the car if I leave it on. I only need it on when I have the FEL attached and that is only when I no longer need the Snow Blower.
I guess I’m the weirdo then as I haven’t removed the 3PH from a tractor in the past 40 years. ?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Does not having a backhoe mean that it couldn't have been installed incorrectly? I take mine off all the time when I don't want it hanging off the back of the tractor.
No, it certainly could have been installed incorrectly when assembled by the dealer, but the OP has stated this is a recent issue, and that he has never had the 3pt off for anything.
That seems to leave out the possibility of anything being installed incorrectly since it wasnt a problem until recently.
I suppose if the dealer had it for service at some point, they could have take it off for something, and put it back incorrectly, that could be a reason for it.
We will just have to wait for him to post back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Ok i fond the problem!!! Haha
So that ring was the problem. The ring snap pin that holds the lower arm was gone. The arm was pushed up against the PTO shaft flip lid

This is the side with missing pin

This is the side with the pin.
I replaced both and everything is peachy again.

This dolly i made for the snow blower is a real life saver.

Thanks everyone for the info!!
Love this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I figured it was a lynch pin somewhere on your 3 point assembly. Glad to hear you are back up and level again ?

61 - 70 of 70 Posts