Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my backhoe off today for the first time & installed the 3 point hitch. When I tried to raise it from the lever on the side of the seat, nothing happened. The arms are resting in the bottom position, an iMatch is installed.
I have tried to rotate the knob under the seat all the way to the end stops both directions, I also tried at 100% RPMs too. It just isn't doing anything. I can lift the arm assembly freely myself, outside the weight of the steel, i don't feel any resistance.

Any ideas? :banghead:

·
Administrator
17,988 Posts
Did you hook the loop hose back up? Does the engine sound like it's straining?

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I am assuming you connected the hyd. couplings together on the power beyond when you removed backhoe . I say this because you said it was first time you removed backhoe .

What they said , I don't type so fast .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya the PB hoses are together, i double checked them somewhere in the middle just to make sure it wasnt only partially connected. i can try fully disconnecting and reconnecting if you think that is the most likely candidate..?

no strain on the engine at all.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ya the PB hoses are together, i double checked them somewhere in the middle just to make sure it wasnt only partially connected. i can try fully disconnecting and reconnecting if you think that is the most likely candidate..?

I would think that's the case. Loop the hose back in

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,988 Posts
No strain on the engine tell me the rock shaft valve is not working, if the hoses are not connected, or the couplers aren’t full seated then the engine will be straining since the hydraulic system would be in relief.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there any additional trouble shooting i can do, or is the a warranty repair scenario?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Check to be sure that the position control lever is not loose - that's a fairly common thing to happen.

·
Registered
700 Posts

Just to clarify, your hose is looping back into your power beyond? The loop should be small and tight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The two hoses that hook to the backhoe are now hooked to each other. I made sure the dealer walked me through removing the backhoe when he dropped it off. Its perhaps a mistake to have said its my first time removing the BH... Its my first time attempting to connect and use the 3ph, and the first time the backhoe has come off and stayed off for more than 5 mins.

What constitutes a loose lever? mine feels "right", Since you mentioned it, the knob for the feed rate (the one under the seat) doesn't feel right. It threads from one limit to the other, it seems to move a little too freely.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The two hoses that hook to the backhoe are now hooked to each other. I made sure the dealer walked me through removing the backhoe when he dropped it off. Its perhaps a mistake to have said its my first time removing the BH... Its my first time attempting to connect and use the 3ph, and the first time the backhoe has come off and stayed off for more than 5 mins.

What constitutes a loose lever? mine feels "right", Since you mentioned it, the knob for the feed rate (the one under the seat) doesn't feel right. It threads from one limit to the other, it seems to move a little too freely.

The knob on my 2520 is noticeably stiff. I always assumed mine was stiff because it was never adjusted from the day it left the factory... :dunno:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That knob is only a drop speed control needle valve.

When raising the 3 point it has no effect, only when lowering...
That would make sense on account of the single acting comment in one of the other posts.

How firm should the lift lever be? mine slides smoothly from 0-9, it feels reasonable, about twice the resistance than moving the loader joystick. When i look in the wheel well, i see the arm turning a shaft that is in the casting, can't see anything beyond that. (Pink arrow on the picture moves).

Will give the dealer a call in the morning... i suppose the bright side is i am finding this now rather than during good weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
When troubleshooting a hyd problem it's important to isolate the systems effected. For instance, the loader bucket curl is slow but everything else is normal. Now we narrowed it down to a specific circuit. Lets say all functions are slow and jumpy. The loader is slow, steering is slow and hard, 3pt is slow to raise. That indicates a clogged suction screen, low fluid level or a pump is bad. If its only the 3pt, direct your attention there. I would seriously look at the lever. Make sure the shaft it is attacthed to is moving. Make take a flashlight and a helper to verify.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
You did attach the lift links right? Hate to ask, but you just never know...

If the position control lever is tight, and it sounds like it is per your description of it turning the shaft - and the hydraulic loop is properly connected - and the 3pt hardware is installed correctly, then I think you need to have the dealer look at it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You did attach the lift links right? Hate to ask, but you just never know...
No worries - There's a reason one of the first questions you get for computers is "Is it plugged in?" :)

I think everything is hooked up correctly - I attached a picture of it. I initially did have the two arms backwards, spent a good hour trying to figure out why it was kicking off to the right side, only to notice that there is a long and a short side to them. A silver sharpie 'L' & 'S' will remedy that.

It is a bummer for the dealer, 2x trailer rentals in my future if they can't help me diagnose it over the phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
This clearly will not help but... For what's it's worth ... Take everything off and see if the hydraulic lifts alone. Assuming that maybe one of your linkages are too tight. So with that said... I'm going to go sit in my corner

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts