Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 3046R today. It came with the iMatch hitch and ballast box already in place.

Lowering the 3pt all the way down leaves the bottom of the ballast box still about 4" off the ground. In order to get it off the hooks, I'd have to put at least 6" of blocking under the box. I also bought the Artillian ballast box cart, but there is no way it is going to sit down in the tray. This can't be right, but I don't see a way to adjust the iMatch low enough.

What am I missing?

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
Lengthen the two side links some, that will lower the arms.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
Your doesn't have a grease zerk?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Is the depth stop on the 3 point control lever in the lowest position?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Top link adjusted out?
Is the ballast box level with the ground when it’s down or is it tilted?
Got a picture?

Maybe the wrong 3pt hookups. That happen with me when I got my 2025. They gave me 1025 parts.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Try and get us some pictures. Could be the wrong side links?

Maybe measure the sidelinks.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I’m unfamiliar with those but it definitely looks like you can adjust those side-links down.

Scroll down to section 6. Adjusting links. If it didn’t direct you to it.

OMLVU27262

·
Registered
133 Posts
My 18' 3039r is the same way. Adjust the side links as Kenny suggested earlier. The left side may need to have the arm removed from the bottom of the turnbuckle in order to adjust it. I've actually left mine adjusted high because I like being able to lift my finish mower to it's highest height for cleaning the deck and blade changes, as well as maximum clearance for trailer loading. I just sit my ballast box on cinder blocks. My 06' 3320 would lower farther down, and initially I thought this was going to bother me on the 3039r, but I have actually come to like it adjusted high.

Pick up one of Kenny's improved upper iMatch hooks for easier hook ups. The new adjust hooks that come standard on the hitches from Deere are a pain for trying to hook up QH implements when compared to the fixed upper hook on the iMatch's from 10 years ago.

Rick

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
Something is not adjusted correctly on you 3PH if extending that side link that far did not help, I’d talk to your dealer about this. Your upper arms should be moving further down.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts

In this pic, the side links are adjusted upwards as far as possible. This is the typical "new tractor" position. My 4066R came this way when it was new and it would not go low enough to hook up to my RFM. To adjust the left side, you have to take it off the pin at the top and twist the link to lengthen it. When you feel you have the left side link long enough, put it back on the pin. Then you can adjust the right side using the built in adjustment to match the left side. You may have to do this more than once to get it where you want it.

Dave

·
Registered
232 Posts
Somethings sounds off. I have a 3520 with the taller of the two R4 tires- basically the same tractor- and the imatch goes way lower than the pins of the ballast box. Either the pins are welded way high and wrong on the box (unlikely) or the 3pt is not lowering as it should (my guess) . Dealer needs to address this IMO.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Do you have a knob under your seat like my 1025/2025 has Which changes the rate of drop of the 3 point?
I remember when I first got my tractor I must have hit or turned that knob and my 3 pt wasn’t working well. Took me a little while to figure out that was the problem.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have the 3039r, which is the mate to yours, mine will go to within 6” of the ground.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK. I've got everything working.

There were two things going on:

1. The side links definitely needed to be extended.

2. It turns out that the combination of new hooks and new bushings were binding. A little application of boot knocked it free and the arms dropped free. It's getting better each time I attach/remove.

Thank you all for your help!

BTW: A B.O.Hs new top hook is on its way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts