Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my first spin, so to speak, with the rotary cutter. I don't think I had the lock nut on the top arm on the 3-point snugged down as it seems to be a bit longer.

I realize the tail wheel sets the cutter angle, so that's not what this thread is covering. I'm wondering if there is a general rule of thumb for aligning a quick hitch (Speeco specifically, if it matters).

Generally is it best to have the quick hitch vertical and is that the best alignment for it? I think the Box Blade should set flush to the ground, correct? So that would be some fine tuning perhaps.

I've looked in the Rotary Cutter and Box Blade manuals and they talk about connections to the 3-pt but "adjustments" discussions are left to the rockshaft and (for the RC) the tail wheel.

I'm only a couple of months into owning the 1025 and learning more and more with each use.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,911 Posts
Typically, I have found that most quick hitch compatible implements are designed to attach and detach from the quick hitch when it is perfectly vertical. I have a stick-on bubble level attached to the top of my quick hitch which makes it easy for me to get it back plum and level if for some reason it needed to be moved.

Reactions: bpop

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Typically, I have found that most quick hitch compatible implements are designed to attach and detach from the quick hitch when it is perfectly vertical. I have a stick-on bubble level attached to the top of my quick hitch which makes it easy for me to get it back plum and level if for some reason it needed to be moved.
Perfect. That is exactly the info I need. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts