Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a rake that I Can attach to my 3 point to help with yard clean-up (leaves, small sticks) on the back of my 2210.

I saw the CMP 3 point dethatcher (CMP 3-Point Dethatcher) it looks like it would work pretty well.

Does anybody have experience with one and if so, how does it work for leaves and small sticks?

Is there anything else out there that would work better?

thanks,

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I hooked this rake to my JD 650 today,,,

then I raked leaves and sticks for 2-3 hours,,,

It works perfect,,, but, the gauge wheels are a must,,, :thumbup1gif:

I could not imagine raking less than 7 feet wide,,
the 650 had no problems,, but a couple times I had to use 4WD,,, :flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I hooked this rake to my JD 650 today,,,

It works perfect,,, but, the gauge wheels are a must,,, :thumbup1gif:
Did you add the wheels or was that stock?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Did you add the wheels or was that stock?
The wheels are an option,, but, were on the rake when I got the rake.

I did buy it used,, the rake is becoming my "go to" tool,,,

I also raked the weeds around the apple trees this afternoon,,, :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks like a pretty nice set-up. Is that basically a landscape rake with wheels to control the height?

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
I've been getting pretty serious about the pine needle rake available from Everything Attachments.

LINK HERE

I don't own it, but I've been looking a long time and I really like this one. The tines are individually replaceable and they even have spare tines available. The type of tines tells me this rake would be great for cleanup and dethatching.

I'll report back when I get it and have a chance to try it out.

Keane

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well i sold mine york rake 6ft and wheels it did not work for me or my terrain I think is not for everyone:cheers:-something you to think about:greentractorride: In my case-thine are too strong to collect anything but strong enough to damage my turf/grass
A dethatcher my work better but i do not have one yet For that price and free shipping CMP 3 point dethatcher looks very good

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hiya,

I have one of these to do lawn raking, I tow it behind a 318 or the 2520, works well and leaves windrows that are easily picked up.

Estate Yard Rake | Edney Dealers

Reactions: BigJim55 and JimR

·
Super Moderator
5,215 Posts
Personally, if all you are looking to do is clean up leaves and small twigs, I think an Estate Rake would be faster and work better. It's essentially a light-duty pinwheel-style hay rake.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Super Moderator
5,215 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I borrowed a land pride land scape rake and been using it on piles of leaves and straw and it works well on bare dirt, I don't think it would be great for established grass...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cmp rake

I have the 60 inch cmp rake/dethatcher and it works great for yard cleanup. I have a very large willow tree and it drops thousands of twigs every year. With this rake I can clean them all up with ease. I drag it along and pull all the debris into piles then scoop them up with the bucket. Plus it works incredibly well for dethatcthing the yard every year. They are Well made and they are local to my area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts