Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all. It has been a while since I’ve been on here. Weather that’s good or not I’m not sure!! I have an opportunity to buy a 3 point hitch for my 425 at a very reasonable price. The issue is that it’s on an X495. The question is if I take my rock shaft off to swap it out with his. Will my 425 rock shaft bolt up to his X495 and lift cylinder? Then his bolt up to my 425? Or should I get a normal rock shaft for his off the web? then bolt his to my tractor.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes they will be a direct swap. Just make sure you have a set of snap ring pliers for the ends. The bushings are for the 3 point rockshaft are bigger too so you will have to swap them as well. The hitch that I have on my X758 is one that was for a 425 and it works perfect.

Good luck

Adam

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Adam. That is great news! The other part of the story was i can get a #47 snow blower but the front hitch and shaft won’t work. So I’m not sure on that deal

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks Adam. That is great news! The other part of the story was i can get a #47 snow blower but the front hitch and shaft won’t work. So I’m not sure on that deal
The hitch from the 425 would work on a X series but not the other way. I'm sure you could find one for the 4 series, there were a ton of them out there. If you could get the blower with the hitch, driveshaft and the bearing, I would sell them as a package and put it towards the correct setup for your tractor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts