Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm going to get a JD 64" 3 point snow blower with hydrlic's,

I have a 6" power angle plow on the front for my tractor. The problem is it digs in the gravel driveway.
Only when the snow is very hard pack or ice will the plow slide over the ground and plow the snow.

I been useing a 7" back blade and it works goods. The problem I have it's not hydrlic angle. I don't like getting on and off the tractor. So I think the blower will work,

I have a 30" walk behind snow blower that I use in tight places. It's just to small and slow for my large driveway.

So how do you like your 3 point snow blower

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 74” behind mine and love it when the ground is frozen”gravel driveway”. I have the shoes dropped all the way and it leaves about 1.5” on snow under the blower. It is a little more work when the ground is soft because the shoes will dig in and it will throw gravel far so make sure not to point the shoot at anything you don’t want damaged. I just feather the 3pt as needed when the ground is soft. I run edge tamers on the bucket and run those after I’m done with the blower to scrape it a little closer and it works well for my situation. I opted for the hydraulic rotation and manual deflector and am happier with this setup on my 3r vs the 2032r and 60” plow i was running prior. I think if I had a friend weld on wider shoes it would help with the soft gravel.

As for size I have not had any snow fall bog down the engine yet. Largest fall i’ve ran in is prob 14” of wet snow and it wasn’t a problem at any speed in A range.

Reactions: JKR

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I was thinking of welding on a wider shoe plate. I did that on my walk be hind snow blower it did work
better on soft snow and no frozen ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts