Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with a 3 point snowblower that has dual augers vs the single style auger? Is there a noticeable difference between the two? Do they chew through the snow better? Do they shoot the snow farther? Is there an advantage to the dual augers? Disadvantage?

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I've been considering selling my single auger schulte bx-74 and going to a 84" farm king dually. Main reason being the snow the last 2 winters is deep enough that it falls over the top of the blower and then I need to make 2 passes.

Ive been told lately that the schulte is the best in terms of quality, so I should just hang onto it and make a second pass when needed...... I'm torn, but will likely just stay put. A dual FK is 3900 with hydro chute rotate and angle. An equivalent schulte will likely be 7000$.

-J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Having 2 augers wont help with distance. Size of 2nd stage fan will. a larger fan should throw farther than a smaller one. A blower with 2 or more augers will likely have a higher cutting height than a single . As far as what works better it comes down to how well made the unit is.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I'm told that my schulte kills the others on snow throwing distance.....I've never actually seen it, cause I'm always the one in the blizzard running it!!! My neighbor says that my schulte out-throws his FK by a lot.

-J.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw there is a height difference which would be nice at times. Would that require more HP to run it? Will the dual augers chew into a snow bank a bit better than a single auger?

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Yes, they will require more HP.

From asking around it seems that what you actually need for HP is less than what the brochures will tell you. If you get into a 4' hard packed bank you'll just have to put it in A range and creep.

I was looking for an 84" dual auger to run on my 4720, just as a reference point.

-J.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use my plow most of the time for snow removal. Sometimes it's nice to blow my snow banks bank once in a while. We do get some pretty heavy snow at times. Currently I have a 78" 2 stage Deere blower on my 3320. I've been contemplating a dual auger thinking the added height would be nice. I am guessing that the 2 augers would chew up a hardened snow bank a little better than a single auger.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
A dual auger on a 3320 might be pushing it.... They start at 84" wide as far as I can tell, and I bet you're machine would be working pretty hard with that. It likely would chew up a bank better, if you have the HP to do it. I find I have to make multiple passes, using the 3pt to raise the blower as I get into the snow bank.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been considering selling my single auger schulte bx-74 and going to a 84" farm king dually. Main reason being the snow the last 2 winters is deep enough that it falls over the top of the blower and then I need to make 2 passes.

Ive been told lately that the schulte is the best in terms of quality, so I should just hang onto it and make a second pass when needed...... I'm torn, but will likely just stay put. A dual FK is 3900 with hydro chute rotate and angle. An equivalent schulte will likely be 7000$.

-J.

A Schulte is a much better snow blower than a Farm King. However I wouldn't say they are the best. Look into Normand snow blowers if you want the best :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use my plow most of the time for snow removal. Sometimes it's nice to blow my snow banks bank once in a while. We do get some pretty heavy snow at times. Currently I have a 78" 2 stage Deere blower on my 3320. I've been contemplating a dual auger thinking the added height would be nice. I am guessing that the 2 augers would chew up a hardened snow bank a little better than a single auger.

Just checked the brochure for you. Normand makes a commercial quality dual auger snow blower in 50", 54", and 60". The 54" would be a nice pairing with a 3000 series, your tractor should be 52" wide if I remember right.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just checked the brochure for you. Normand makes a commercial quality dual auger snow blower in 50", 54", and 60". The 54" would be a nice pairing with a 3000 series, your tractor should be 52" wide if I remember right.
The 3320 with R4 tires measures 60". Somewhere between 60 and 72 inches would be a nice size. The e-hydro transmission makes using a snow blower much easier, especially if you may be a bit under powered. Thanks, I'll check into them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The 3320 with R4 tires measures 60". Somewhere between 60 and 72 inches would be a nice size. The e-hydro transmission makes using a snow blower much easier, especially if you may be a bit under powered. Thanks, I'll check into them.

Oh yeah I didn't even think of tire choice affecting width. When we were looking at a 3520 for sidewalks we were looking at the narrowest tire option. I agree the e-hydro is awesome with a snow blower, we love it in the 4720. We'll probably add a 3520 or 3720 before next winter for sidewalks and tighter areas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts