Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use a 3 point sprayer on their 1025 and what is the largest capacity in gallons that I could easily use on mine?

·
Premium Member
12,226 Posts
Does anyone use a 3 point sprayer on their 1025 and what is the largest capacity in gallons that I could easily use on mine?
JD lists this in the latest Implements and Attachments Brochure:

This Category 1, 3-Pt. Hitch Sprayer is designed for residential or commercial property
care. These 40, 55, 110, or 150*-gallon sprayers provide an excellent way to
apply spray materials such as liquid fertilizer, weed killer, tree spray and de-icer.
Complete large spraying jobs quickly with folding booms or boomless that spray
an adjustable 5-ft. up to 30-ft. swath. Ask about our complete line of sprayer
accessories.
* 150-gallon capacity only for use on 4120,4320, 4520, 4720, 4044M/R, 4052M/R, 4066M/R

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

This Category 1, 3-Pt. Hitch Sprayer is designed for residential or commercial property
apply spray materials such as liquid fertilizer, weed killer, tree spray and de-icer.
accessories.
* 150-gallon capacity only for use on 4120,4320, 4520, 4720, 4044M/R, 4052M/R, 4066M/R
Thanks for this. I was thinking I would be pushing it with 40 gallons.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think with just about any size one had better plan on front ballast as part of the equation.
Being new to tractors I wouldn't have even thought about it. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Most of us, if we own one get the 40 gallon model from Tractor Supply. I own one myself. I have 2.5 acres of property to keep under control. May want to have some front ballast in a form of a FEL or front weights to help offset some of the rear weight of 40 gallons. You are talking about 320lbs hanging out there on the rear.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of us, if we own one get the 40 gallon model from Tractor Supply. I own one myself. I have 2.5 acres of property to keep under control. May want to have some front ballast in a form of a FEL or front weights to help offset some of the rear weight of 40 gallons. You are talking about 320lbs hanging out there on the rear.
The 40 gallon was what I was thinking. Is just the empty loader enough weight?

·
Registered
447 Posts
The front loader just alone will be enough counterweight to make sure your front wheels are firm on the ground and able to steer.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Remember the weight of the sprayer and don't forget the weight of the water when loaded. Water weighs around 8 pounds per gallon. Another thing to think about is water sloshing around is harder to carry than stationary weight. A half empty tank will allow the water more room to splash as well.

·
Premium Member
12,226 Posts
A half empty tank will allow the water more room to splash as well.
Even if you fill the tank it will be half empty again at some point. :)

·
Premium Member
12,226 Posts

accessories.
I just realized I left out some information which pertained to the statement above. JD listed this sprayer for the following tractors.

1023E, 1026R, 1025R, 2520, 2720,
3032E, 3038E, 3320, 3520, 3720,
3033R, 3039R, 3046R, 4105, 4120,
4320, 4520, 4720, 4044M/R,
4052M/R, 4066M/R

The 150-gallon note probably makes more sense now. :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
After getting over the sticker shock on the 3pt mounted sprayers I bought an electric, 25gal ATV type sprayer and mounted it on a cargo carrier for a 2" receiver and then slid that into my trailer mover on the 3pt hitch. I got the sprayer on sale for I think a round $280 and the carrier was $70. Sticks out more than I like but works fine.

Another option would be a tow behind.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The front loader just alone will be enough counterweight to make sure your front wheels are firm on the ground and able to steer.
I usually have the loader on unless I'm mowing.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Remember the weight of the sprayer and don't forget the weight of the water when loaded. Water weighs around 8 pounds per gallon. Another thing to think about is water sloshing around is harder to carry than stationary weight. A half empty tank will allow the water more room to splash as well.
More good advice to remember.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just realized I left out some information which pertained to the statement above. JD listed this sprayer for the following tractors.

1023E, 1026R, 1025R, 2520, 2720,
3032E, 3038E, 3320, 3520, 3720,
3033R, 3039R, 3046R, 4105, 4120,
4320, 4520, 4720, 4044M/R,
4052M/R, 4066M/R

The 150-gallon note probably makes more sense now. :)
I guess I think like you because it made sense from the start.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After getting over the sticker shock on the 3pt mounted sprayers I bought an electric, 25gal ATV type sprayer and mounted it on a cargo carrier for a 2" receiver and then slid that into my trailer mover on the 3pt hitch. I got the sprayer on sale for I think a round $280 and the carrier was $70. Sticks out more than I like but works fine.

Another option would be a tow behind.
Ive been looking at those too. Yours is a good idea.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I meant, but didn't say I guess was I wouldn't recommend getting a bigger tank than necessary. If you get a tank bigger than what you need but then only fill it half full it'll have room to splash more.
I got the idea that you thought I was a little slow.:unknown:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got the idea that you thought I was a little slow.:unknown:
No I didn't mean anything like that. I've been the one kinda slow lately. I had a storm come through Monday night and took off half my roof. I have a 2 story farm house with a really steep pitch roof. I got it back together but realized I'm not in my 20's anymore. I've been so stiff and sore I haven't slept at all the past few nights. This past week has been a blur.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No I didn't mean anything like that. I've been the one kinda slow lately. I had a storm come through Monday night and took off half my roof. I have a 2 story farm house with a really steep pitch roof. I got it back together but realized I'm not in my 20's anymore. I've been so stiff and sore I haven't slept at all the past few nights. This past week has been a blur.
Sorry to hear about the roof. I hope nothing else got damaged. And I don't take offense to anything. Like my wife always tells me " you don't have any feelings to get hurt"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts