Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting a pto spreader to use with fertilizer, seed and salt with my 1026R. I know this has been discussed a little before, but for those of you that have spreaders, what is your recommendation? I would like to be able to use it with my imatch.....which I believe might be more difficult. Thanks for your advice.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Bob,

I think in most cases you will be OK. I am running a 3 point PT driven spreader on my iMatch. The only problems you might have are:

• The spreader not fitting the iMatch which is going to be common to any implement even though it says iMatch compatible. So a little modification may be required.
  • The drive shaft might be a little short with the slight iMatch extension.

Mine has a flexible shaft and it works fine but you dont want to raise the 3 point all the way up or it will pull on the shaft.

I am going to add one of those snap couplers to mine because I dont like setscrewing it to my shaft and it will add length.

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What spreader model works best with a 1026R?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Take a look at the pics of my brand spankin new Frontier SS2036B in the thread called something like "what did you do with your deere today". I posted there just a couple of days ago. I like it so far..... I have the optional agitator wheel(pictured) and the optional deflector shield(not fitted yet) and I plan to use it to spread everything except peanut butter on toast.

So far it worked very well and I particularly like the ability of lowering it to the ground to fill the hopper. I got the poly unit because I intend to spread salt/sand however this far I've only spread seed and fertilizer. I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to asking for the opinions of others. For example, I don't know if I should use the agitator wheel for sand or road salt.

If others have used these units on sub compacts, I'd appreciate your tips!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got a 300lb spreader (basically the fsp500), and it works great on the 1026R. The two things that I know are:
1) It needs to be high to get full spread. 300lbs plus the spreader weight held up behind you at 4-6ft off the ground really changes your weight distribution for the worse, so be careful not to run sideways on hills you'd happily mow.
2) You need to _really_ clean it out after use or the metal parts will get destroyed by fertilizer or salt. If you do wash it nice and clean it will pretty much last forever.

Regarding the agitator, I just followed the instructions and only run it with light loads or light materials. When fully loaded with dense materials I pop it out.

- Hunter

Reactions: joeymjustice
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.