Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an opportunity to purchase used a 10 bushel 3 point spreader and just wondering what you all think of this behind the JD 2210 Scut

Sorry no pictures , I will probably pick up next week one day

Price is right and I am thinking as long as I don't fill it all the way up I should be fine with it, It's 30plus years old and been stored indoors it entire ownership. was used for seed only. I will most likely buy it but just wondering what the SCUT crowd says?

Thanks for any thoughts or if you use a 3 point spreader on SCUT let me know your thoughts,

THANKS AGAIN

Just Ol'e me
waltmart

·
Registered
324 Posts
I use a large king kutter on a 1025r

Here is a pic of the larger model king kutter on my series 1 as a point of reference.

A smaller hopper would be nice for storage purposes and easier to load. But that's me - the 1025r handles the larger one just fine.

For calibration, you can download a tractor speed app that uses GPS to display your tractor speed on a cell phone.

636mullet-thanks for the tip - one more reason to keep the ROPS up!

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a pic of the larger model king kutter on my series 1 as a point of reference.

A smaller hopper would be nice for storage purposes and easier to load. But that's me - the 1025r handles the larger one just fine.

For calibration, you can download a tractor speed app that uses GPS to display your tractor speed on a cell phone.

636mullet-thanks for the tip - one more reason to keep the ROPS up!
The one I'm looking at is like new just shows use on the points of 3 point, otherwise all is like new, Fellow I'm getting it from has kept it inside and only used it for seeding purposes. No fertilizers at all. I'm hoping to have the inside sealed with epoxy or such? Then since and clean after each use.

THANKS for posting the pictures,

waltmart

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can you use these spreaders for sand and salt? I got the opportunity to buy a 1900 Befco 203 3.5cu/ft for 300.00 and wondering if I can use it primarily for sand and salt as we get a lot of ice here in Maine and would be allot faster to spread than shovel.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you use these spreaders for sand and salt? I got the opportunity to buy a 1900 Befco 203 3.5cu/ft for 300.00 and wondering if I can use it primarily for sand and salt as we get a lot of ice here in Maine and would be allot faster to spread than shovel.
Just halve to remember the weight and the corrosiveness of both of those elements?

Yes both could be spread with 3 point spreader!

waltmart

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics

Pictures of the Pequea 300, 3 point Spreader

Spreader 1.jpg Spreader 2.jpg Spreader 3.jpg

Looks like new, Can't find any info on it, MAYBE SOMEONE HERE HAS SOME INFO THEY WILL PASS ON?

THANKS
waltmart

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If given the choice I'd go with the Poly hopper and stainless hardware, but this was $350 on Craigslist.

Thinking "SLIP PLATE" on inside to keep the corrosive residual crud off the barrel and possibly take apart and spray the components, drop doos and such, WHAT DO OTHERS USE, Open to suggestions, SPRINGS IS COMING AND NEED TO BE READY!!

THANKS

waltmart

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Thinking "SLIP PLATE" on inside to keep the corrosive residual crud off the barrel and possibly take apart and spray the components, drop doos and such, WHAT DO OTHERS USE, Open to suggestions, SPRINGS IS COMING AND NEED TO BE READY!!

THANKS

waltmart
I like to wash mine out. Get a fan on it over night to dry and then coat in Fluid Film. So far it's been a good method. No additional corrosion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts