1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'm mostly curious as to exactly what attatchments your working with or..trying to?

as to my vote...undecided...but I will shortly:cheers:

:munch::munch::munch:

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm mostly curious as to exactly what attatchments your working with or..trying to?

as to my vote...undecided...but I will shortly:cheers:

:munch::munch::munch:
Only attachment will be forks. I have forks for my skid loader and do not want another set. There are places like the lawn where I do not need to pick up things very high and don’t want to tear it up.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Only attachment will be forks. I have forks for my skid loader and do not want another set. There are places like the lawn where I do not need to pick up things very high and don’t want to tear it up.
Makes sense...I get it.

Is it cost effective?

Piece of mind and doing what you want to do, well has a price.

Sounds like you have multiple machines...which put a new twist on this.

Seeing how I've purchased several attatchments in the last few days/week.....
You have my blessing to Get-R Done Neatly:good2:

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it cost effective?
Good question. 3 point pallet forks can be cheaper or much more. The good ones like everything attachments has are much more. I just don’t want to spend double.

My skid loader ones use real forks which lock in place, a back gaurd and I don’t want to give those up.

Space isn’t as much a concern because the forks store under shelves and the back is not very thick. A set of forks is handier because the back is stored on the forks it is holding. The adapter needs to be handled to install and stored on a shelf. Both adapters also look like I will need to modify them to work with the I match. I might need to move all 3 points on the adapter up because I don’t think my 3 point will go down far enough to hook up the forks.

Now I remember why I have been looking at these so long but not buying them.:laugh:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
IMHO,, the bottom connection points for the TITAN SSQA are make all wrong,, there is a LOT of steel missing,, :flag_of_truce:

I am not saying it will not work,, :dunno: but,, the typical SSQA it totally different,, and stronger than the Titan,,,

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Where is Neat located? I didn't see an address for them on their website, and I always get a bit concerned when a company doesn't publish a mailing address or at least the city and state they are located in.
From the BBB link on their website,,,

1007 Valley Rd

Valley Twp, PA 19320-2881

Neat Farms

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
If you can weld, and have some steel laying around,, Amazon has the difficult half available for only $145,,,

That would leave quite a bit of $$$ in your pocket, compared to the other two options,,,

·
Premium Member
8,459 Posts
Both adapters also look like I will need to modify them to work with the I match. I might need to move all 3 points on the adapter up because I don’t think my 3 point will go down far enough to hook up the forks.

Now I remember why I have been looking at these so long but not buying them.:laugh:
I was going to ask if you have a quick hitch.

The Neat model looks cleaner to me and a little more quick hitch friendly, at least to hook it up. Travel distance is another thing.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you can weld, and have some steel laying around,, Amazon has the difficult half available for only $145,,,

That would leave quite a bit of $$$ in your pocket, compared to the other two options,,,
I don’t disagree but my thought was if they build them every day they have accounted for the two plates being square after they are welded. That is my biggest fear with the titan. Some of the welds in the photo are suspect and if the 2 plates are not square it makes hook up a bear. I don’t think I could hurt them anyway with the 2038r but I can set my 3020 to Cat 1 and if I know me and I have something heavy to move they could end up on it.

·
Registered
942 Posts
just a personal opinion......i just dont see how a standard lower pin setup like the Neat would hold up to the heavy lifting that a fork set on and the high lifting capacity of the 3pt.......i have bent Cat 1 pins and Tabs using trailer movers that would have similar loading dynamics as a fork set on the rear

to me ideal would the be Neat unit with the Titan lower clevis pin setup....

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I don’t disagree but my thought was if they build them every day they have accounted for the two plates being square after they are welded. That is my biggest fear with the titan. Some of the welds in the photo are suspect and if the 2 plates are not square it makes hook up a bear. I don’t think I could hurt them anyway with the 2038r but I can set my 3020 to Cat 1 and if I know me and I have something heavy to move they could end up on it.
I concur with your fear of Titan workmanship:

I bought the Titan universal loader to skid steer adapter. The plates that mate to the skid steer mount were not in the same plane, I do not recall if they were bent concave or convex. I think the welding caused the metal to distort. I had to put it in my press and bend the connecting square tube until the plates were in the same plane. Not everyone can do that.

Maybe Titan's made in USA products are better :dunno:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Does the Neatfarms version come with lower pins, or do you have to ad those separately?

I like the lower clevis mounts better too.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I concur with your fear of Titan workmanship:

I bought the Titan universal loader to skid steer adapter. The plates that mate to the skid steer mount were not in the same plane, I do not recall if they were bent concave or convex. I think the welding caused the metal to distort. I had to put it in my press and bend the connecting square tube until the plates were in the same plane. Not everyone can do that.

Maybe Titan's made in USA products are better :dunno:
Ended up putting in a Father’s Day request for the neat just for the squareness reason. I think it was your earlier mention of that in another post that made me start looking at other options a while back. Everything I could find on the titan suggested it was Chinese and frankly the welds in the photo were not great either.

Really I was hoping that people would convince me to go towards the Titans and save the hundred dollars though. It’s one of those things where once I spend the first 300 the extra hundred to have something that is better is well worth it.

Does the Neatfarms version come with lower pins, or do you have to ad those separately?

I like the lower clevis mounts better too.
No doubt the clevis mounts are stronger but for what I can lift the pins will be strong enough. If they are set where the pins engage the hooks to far from the inside I usually space them out. I suspect on either I will need to raise the mounting points up so I can get it down under lip of the forks. Hopefully not.

The other thing I did not like was that they covered the top of the clevis which would make seeing the hooks harder when hooking it up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts