Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have asked this before but I have seen several new members in Maryland and thought it might be worth asking again. Has anyone seen any 3 pt attachments for rent in this area? Occasionally I would love to have a post hole digger. As others have mentioned, it is often a 1-time used item. I would love to have a tiller this spring, but honestly can't imagine using one again. I will probably end up renting a walk behind tiller since they are readily available in my area. But if I could find a rental (that is small enough for my machine) then I would love to use my tractor rather than my back!

Lee

·
Super Moderator
5,204 Posts
See if there is a Sunbelt Rentals near you. They are the only current national chain that I know of for this sort for stuff.

I have a couple of local places where I can rent a mini excavator or a ditch witch but none of them carry 3pt equipment. That seems to be the norm for most people.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim. I thought it was a long shot. I remember passing a place up near Gettysburg, PA that appeared to rent 3 pt stuff. That is not close enough to me to justify the hassle. There must not be enough market or too much risk (maybe driveshaft length issues?) to make it worthwhile.

Lee

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Ask at the dealer

You might also try the equipment dealers in the area. Some may do rental equipment. Don't tell anyone on here but you can check out other color equipment as well. Since it's a rental, it's not so bad if it's orange, blue or some other color.

Treefarmer

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
I rented a post hole digger from a rent-all place. They rent most anything at the one I went to where I live. Let your fingers do the walking through the phone book. As small as our towns are around here you should have no problem where you are. :dunno:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called around. The Sunbelt suggestion was a good one. Unfortunately, the nearest one is over 30 minutes away. I called and they have one but it is a 65" unit (I did not think to ask the model). He said that he has had people run it with smaller machines, but they say it is very slow going. They do appear to have other 3 pt attachments, though, so this answers my question about availability. I had checked the local places, including ABC, near me but didn't think to find a Sunbelt. The first one I called, didn't have the tiller but others within the 35 minute radius do.

I may go back to plan A. I can rent a rear tine tiller from a place 5 minutes from home. I have to factor in the drive time into this decision.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have started my attachment collection--maybe I should add rentals into my regular business! All of my attachments are for my 1025R and I ran into the same issue with Sunbelt. The tiller is too heavy for a SCUT to lift. Will have to see if I can get a tiller for the spring too. I have been searching the trader sites and Craigslist with no success so far.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have started my attachment collection--maybe I should add rentals into my regular business! All of my attachments are for my 1025R and I ran into the same issue with Sunbelt. The tiller is too heavy for a SCUT to lift. Will have to see if I can get a tiller for the spring too. I have been searching the trader sites and Craigslist with no success so far.
If you are near Howard County, count me in as a customer. I seriously can't imagine using a tiller more than a couple times. If you see anything in the HoCo area in your search and want me to scout for you, let me know. I could pick it up, use it once and bring it your way!

Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts