Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a 3pt drawbar stabilizer this fits the IMatch. Got the drawbar from TS yesterday, fits fine but rolls around in the IMatch. Does anyone use them without the stabilizers? I was going to pull logs with it, I occasionally get a downed tree that needs pulled off.

Reactions: greenharley

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Sounds like you need to put the cat 1-cat 3 adapters on it like any other attachment. I had to do that with my drawbar.

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk

Reactions: greenharley

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I have the cat 3 bushings in it. Still spins around and around. The Omni looks nice, but you would loose your three center holes for attaching a hook or clevis. Now you could put your hook in one of the holes to the side of the drawbar, but would that put all the strain on one side of your 3 point hitch?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I'm not familiar with the 2038, but if it has a hitch plate, I'd suggest a twisted clevis. I like it as I can loop the chain through it and bring the hook back on to the chain, setting the length to whatever I need. The chain pulls through the twisted clevis easily and does not catch. I utilize the same twisted clevis as a rear chain down anchor point when transporting the tractor.

Most farm stores have them, but here is an Amazon link, also:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y74O70/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I suppose you could also utilize the twisted clevis on your drawbar, too.

·
Registered
23,075 Posts
I would strongly recommend you pull logs from your drawbar only.

When you pull something like logs from the 3-point hitch you are pulling from a higher angle. If your pull point is above the rear axle, and the log catches a snag, your front end will do a wheelie so quickly you may not have time to stop it before it comes up over on you.

I’ve seen this happen in exactly the same situation and setup.

Put a shackle on your drawbar and use that for any pulling. That is what it is there for.

C121043E-D450-44D0-A2B5-C341C2C8A164.jpeg

·
Registered
4,108 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,668 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
OK, here are some more ideas. Since he already has the drawbar, I am trying to utilize that. If the previous lock that I posted will not work with an iMatch, these could at least give an idea. I like the clevis idea the most.

Dave

Drawbar  Lock 09.jpg

dbafdb.jpg

images.jpg

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stan, I had thought about that. My reasoning was to just get the front of that log up out of the dirt just a little bit. The Omni is probably the only one made for the IMatch. I don’t like how I would lose my middle holes with it. I don’t like the idea of pulling with one side of the 3 point hitch. I could get one of Ken’s Ball Dogs.

·
Registered
23,075 Posts
Stan, I had thought about that. My reasoning was to just get the front of that log up out of the dirt just a little bit. The Omni is probably the only one made for the IMatch. I don’t like how I would lose my middle holes with it. I don’t like the idea of pulling with one side of the 3 point hitch. I could get one of Ken’s Ball Dogs.
You can use the drawbar with the iMatch on with no problem - I do it all the time.

Yeah - getting the end of the log in the air would be beneficial - that's how a winch on a skidder or dozer works. But it isn't worth it to me. So the front edge of the log drags a bit - I don't care.

After seeing it happen - was helping my friend skid firewood logs. We were working on the ground while his daughter was skidding with their 9N. The log caught on a root and the front end came up so fast. She dumped the clutch but the front end of the tractor still rose for a fraction of a second. The front tires were at least 3' off the ground until it settled back down. One more second and the tractor would have come over on top of her.

Do what you want - just be aware of the danger.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can use the drawbar with the iMatch on with no problem - I do it all the time.

Yeah - getting the end of the log in the air would be beneficial - that's how a winch on a skidder or dozer works. But it isn't worth it to me. So the front edge of the log drags a bit - I don't care.

After seeing it happen - was helping my friend skid firewood logs. We were working on the ground while his daughter was skidding with their 9N. The log caught on a root and the front end came up so fast. She dumped the clutch but the front end of the tractor still rose for a fraction of a second. The front tires were at least 3' off the ground until it settled back down. One more second and the tractor would have come over on top of her.

Do what you want - just be aware of the danger.
Thanks, buddy. I like to hear things like this. Helps me keep my edge. We love our tractors but they truly are dangerous machines. My intent is to not tear the ground up no more than possible. Do you use a 3 point draw bar, Stan?

Reactions: rtgt and PJR832

·
Registered
23,075 Posts
Thanks, buddy. I like to hear things like this. Helps me keep my edge. We love our tractors but they truly are dangerous machines. My intent is to not tear the ground up no more than possible. Do you use a 3 point draw bar, Stan?
Never saw the need for a 3-point drawbar myself.

·
Premium Member
12,769 Posts
Sounds like you need to put the cat 1-cat 3 adapters on it like any other attachment. I had to do that with my drawbar.

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk
That won't stop the drawbar from rotating on the pins.

·
Premium Member
12,769 Posts
I would strongly recommend you pull logs from your drawbar only.
This is correct. But be careful with the draw bars on these little tractors. They are somewhat fragile when it comes to using them to yank on things as the mount goes into the aluminum transmission housing. There are folks who have ripped the bolts right out of the aluminum casting.

When you pull something like logs from the 3-point hitch you are pulling from a higher angle. If your pull point is above the rear axle, and the log catches a snag, your front end will do a wheelie so quickly you may not have time to stop it before it comes up over on you.
True again. But you can help mitigate this by keeping the 3PH lowered while you are pulling.

Pulling logs with these little tractors can be tricky. You just need to be careful not to injure yourself or damage the tractor.

·
Premium Member
12,769 Posts
Never saw the need for a 3-point drawbar myself.
The drawbar on my 2720 is useless for pulling a trailer as it doesn't extend back far enough to allow for sharp turns with a trailer. I use one like shown below. I made it by using a TSC Cat1 drawbar and adding a top section that I got on Ebay that provides a 2" receiver. I then made a handle which makes it easy to lift on and off the quick hitch.

I added eyelets for the safety chains on my landscape trailer. For pulling bushes or such I insert a drawbar into the 2" receiver section and attach whatever I need.

With this I am able to easily pull my 5x10 landscape trailer, 17P JD poly cart and 1000 lb. lawn roller much easier than with the drawbar.

handle2.jpg handle3.jpg

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The drawbar on my 2720 is useless for pulling a trailer as it doesn't extend back far enough to allow for sharp turns with a trailer. I use one like shown below. I made it by using a TSC Cat1 drawbar and adding a top section that I got on Ebay that provides a 2" receiver. I then made a handle which makes it easy to lift on and off the quick hitch.

I added eyelets for the safety chains on my landscape trailer. For pulling bushes or such I insert a drawbar into the 2" receiver section and attach whatever I need.

With this I am able to easily pull my 5x10 landscape trailer, 17P JD poly cart and 1000 lb. lawn roller much easier than with the drawbar.

View attachment 548657 View attachment 548665
Is there any way you could take some pics of it farther back so I could see the whole thing. Thank you.

Reactions: rtgt and PJR832

·
Premium Member
12,769 Posts
Is there any way you could take some pics of it farther back so I could see the whole thing. Thank you.
Sorry about that. For some reason I didn't have one so I went down to the shed and took one. I also forgot that I had reversed the eyelets so they were on the top instead of the bottom.

IMG_2128.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,769 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts