Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After re-adjusting the MMM max height adjustment yesterday so the height knob would go into lock position again, I figured out how to do it w/o dropping or messing with the mower height BTW. All of a sudden I check today and the 3pt is 1/4 way down overnight. Its stayed up fine since I got it new last December till last night and I didnt touch anything hydraulic. Has anyone else had that problem where the 3pt just starts drooping over night? Lever is all the way up.

I only have a few hours on it since I did the 50hr hydraulic fluid change and levels are fine. Could there be an new internal leak that coincidentally happened after messing with it yesterday.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,074 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. the only time i've seen this happen was on one of our big ag tractors, had an internal leak but it had 5000 hours on it and it comes up once fired up.
I'm still under warranty, wonder if it would be worth an call to dealer.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,074 Posts
Yep. the only time i've seen this happen was on one of our big ag tractors, had an internal leak but it had 5000 hours on it and it comes up once fired up.
I'm still under warranty, wonder if it would be worth an call to dealer.
Did you go to the link I posted?

·
Registered
967 Posts
My experience

I have been following both referenced threads about the 3-point drop issue. My 1026R had quite the opposite effect. After sitting in the Barn all winter, it was time to hook up the Ballast Box (concrete filled by dealer) with the Imatch. I backed up to it and pulled the lever and never thought anything of it till I tried to go forward. The 3-Point couldn't lift it. After going through several attempts to lift the box, I succeeded in getting it to rise 1", which was just enough to get it out of the barn. Off to the Dealer it went. What was determined was that the Square Valving? item about the size of a pack of cards that is bolted on top of the rear axle housing just under the seat had failed for some reason. JD apparently had a new design that they installed and all seems to operate correctly now. This may or may not be the problem being discussed here but, mine may have been a sever case of Leak Down etc or at least a form of it?

Big John

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill have to do the drop down test and see how fast it drops.

Now, i dont have a tech manual yet for this yet. How does the 3pt work on these? Is there a cylinder inside or some hydraulic servo motor? Just curious. Most of the new "big tractors" now have external cylinders and I always wondered how ours and the older tractor 3pt worked internally.

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
Ill have to do the drop down test and see how fast it drops.

Now, i dont have a tech manual yet for this yet. How does the 3pt work on these? Is there a cylinder inside or some hydraulic servo motor? Just curious. Most of the new "big tractors" now have external cylinders and I always wondered how ours and the older tractor 3pt worked internally.
The 3PH on smaller tractors use a single acting cylinder internal to the rockshaft housing. By tilting your seat up, you may be able to see the casting of it.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Where is W9GFO on this one?
Where am I on this? Look at this post. If it drops less than 2" in ten minutes, then there is nothing wrong. Personally I feel like that's a little much, especially with no implement attached. If it drops overnight, so what? You shouldn't be leaving it up anyway.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Just wanted the original poster here to get the same "why does it matter" information that you gave me on the same question. Afraid he'd be left out
The "why does it matter?" really was a question. I didn't think it would matter but I accepted there may be a reason I hadn't thought of - hence the question.

Something else to point out. In Deere's test procedure they say to close the rate of drop valve all the way then open 1/4 turn, then operate the 3 point ten times. Doing so may clear any bits of debris on the valve faces. I would try that first if there is a sudden change in how long it holds position.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"In Deere's test procedure they say to close the rate of drop valve all the way then open 1/4 turn, then operate the 3 point ten times"

Thought about that. I may try that and see.

Like this, the lock deck height position adjustment is kinda the same thing. Does it really matter? If it dont quite go to lock position just use the position just below it and it'll essentially do the same thing. But I'm picky, especially with new stuff or things going out of adjustment so i had to play. Plus there has been no rain for 3weeks so i have nothing mow. LOL

I wasnt gonna mess with it at first then figured maybe the strap , three bolt, or rock shaft had stretched a little as to why mine quit going in to the lock position. Something had definitely changed and I wanted to see what and get it back to how it should be.
After looking around the only way to get it back w/o lowering the deck adjusters down more, the height knob is already at 3/4 up for 2.5" cut, was to simply notch the bent rod thats welded to the ends of the auto connect pivot rod that keep the rod from pivoting on the MMM draft arms. U could see where it was hitting the frame when up. So i just notched that section out a little /w a 4.5" grinder so it hugged the frame a little. After a final strap adjustment it now allowed enough height to easily clear the lock position w/o dropping the deck more. So hopefully it'll behave now. Got pics if interested.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BTW, I cycled the 3pt several times and ran the mower quick raising it /w some sort of load. Still droops a little more than normal over night but much better. Still gonna keep an eye on it as it seems the 3pt doesnt drop down as far as it did.??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts