Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a finish mower for my 3032E. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Hiya,

Deere specs it at 25 PTO HP so a 72" is just about right.

I like the Woods/Frontier PRD7200/GM1072R (The same implement, just different color paint, the gearbox has "Woods" cast into it)

I like because it's a single belt design with a spring loaded tension pulley instead of the sliding gearbox style.

Check machine finder and tractor house sites, lots of used ones there for a decent price. Mowers are pretty simple machines, so used in good shape is always a good option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went with the Frontier GM2060R ..rear discharge with chain and anti scalp roller --pretty much Befco unit .. Actually cuts better than my ZTR .. also got extra rebates at the time and qualified me for the 84 month -and 0%

·
Registered
738 Posts
I run an Farm King (Buheler) 84" RFM on my 2720(about the same HP as your machine). Runs it well but I do slow down in thick heavy grass. Its a rear discharge which takes less HP than a side discharge. It takes about the the same HP as my 72" side discharge belly mower but doesn't clog the chute.

I also added 3 suitcase weights to the front to keep the front end down. Your tractor is bigger framed so probably would be less of an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts