Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I’m probably closing in on 2 years since this build so I thought it was about time to finally post the build and the picture here. My friend/neighbor/fellow JD MCUT owner (he has a ‘15 2025R) and wanted a home brew version of a 3 pt weight rack(him) trailer hitch, multi purpose 3pt attachment akin to some of the site sponsor products, but we both like DIY and the feeling of building simpler attachments ourselves.

I pulled a bulk of the stock from my steel supply, used my abrasive chop saw, 7”Dewalt grinderand my Miller 211 MVP along with a couple pieces of purchased hardware from Curtis and KennyD.

Probably just post a few of the cutting, fitting and base assembly pics here then continue with another post for the finish work and coating.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Very nice job!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finished assembly and coating in Line-Ex courtesy of my friend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
What do you use the clevis for up by the top link? Just curious but one concern I would have if pulling a heavier load is that the load angle might be such that it might cause a problem. I see you also have a grab hook down by the 2" receiver so maybe you are using that for skidding logs or something. I have on our Heavy Hitch as well and while I don't use it much I have pulled small logs/big branches with it. Though I normally use the hook on the bucket for that and just carry them.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What do you use the clevis for up by the top link? Just curious but one concern I would have if pulling a heavier load is that the load angle might be such that it might cause a problem. I see you also have a grab hook down by the 2" receiver so maybe you are using that for skidding logs or something. I have on our Heavy Hitch as well and while I don't use it much I have pulled small logs/big branches with it. Though I normally use the hook on the bucket for that and just carry them.
The clevis/D ring near the tops of the hitches are only for light loads-a tarp covered in leaves for example or a sled with a kid on it. We are both well aware of the dangers of pulling a high strung load from such a point-they’re only there for convenience sake, not for any “working” purpose. The KennyD’s grab hooks and the 2” receiver would be where a load is attached for pulling and would only be done when the 3pt is lowered sufficiently.

I have two hooks in my bucket but I don’t like pulling very hard on the loader such as would be required to skid logs or similar. I’ve pulled and skidded a lot of logs and tree tops with the grab hook, which additionally allows me to pull driving and facing forward which in my book is about 1,000x easier than backing up while trying to pull something with the loader.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts