Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive been looking at buying a jd1026 to do this with. What research ive found is Landpride and Befco are a couple companies that produce overseeders. The befco has a tiller/ aerator in the front cultipacker in the back. What i was leaning towards. However the lift will only do 680 on a 1025r. You can redrill the lift arm for more leverage.. The more narrow you can buy the better.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just bought a woods STR48s turf renovator to do some overseeding work to my lawn after some winter kill. Has aerator teeth in front that can be tilted for more aggressive areas where need to tear more soil loose or straight for less aggressive. Has seedbox and then another packing aerator in back to firm up soil to seed contact. Weights 690 lbs so hoping 1025r will handle it, looking at re drilling lift arm holes so get more leverage to lift it. Shipping it from PA so waiting patiently to use it!! Will post some pics and let you know how it does.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a like new befco grt266 should be here thursday afternoon. It was too good of a deal to pass up IMO. I have not bought a 1025 yet and i know its too big for it. May step up to a 2032r or i may try selling it when it shows up and just buy a new woods str48. Very curious how you end up making out with it. Id be overseeding bermuda in spring and rye in fall.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yes and no. Like it comes it will lift it but not all the way up what I did was take the lift arms off and flip them end for end. The hole is 11.5 one way 13.5 the other. picks it up fine now.
What about with 100 lbs of seed in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did it lift it with seed?
I just used woods str48 seeder last night for the first time. Works great, especially when u tilt the front rollers at an angle it is really aggressive making a nice seed bed. I re-drilled my lift arm holes back two inches so that it would lift machine better, I had 50 lbs of seed in machine and it lifted it easily. Great unit!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.