Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally just brought home my new 3039 with mid mount
is it normal for the mower to only raise 3.75 inches from ground to outer metal at max height? its lower than my previous 2032 with same 72inch deck.. i hope its supposed to raise more i basically cut at max height.. and it drags everywhere

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
in my experience the dealers fail to prep tractors properly. I had the same issue on my x758 except it maxed out around 2.5" when it should have been around 4.5". I scalped the lawn horrendously before realizing what happened.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I mow at max height with my three series. It is only 3-4 inches off the ground. I always wanted a belly mower for my tractor but now I think I'd probably opt for the rear mount.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i finally just brought home my new 3039 with mid mount
is it normal for the mower to only raise 3.75 inches from ground to outer metal at max height? its lower than my previous 2032 with same 72inch deck.. i hope its supposed to raise more i basically cut at max height.. and it drags everywhere
Do you have a cab? I have a 3046R with cab and 72" Autoconnect (Don't get me started on the crappy Autoconnect) That is what I see as well. Only about 4" of ground clearance at "full up". I believe part of that is to clear the entry steps.

It kind of defeats the purpose of being able to have the backhoe and MMM installed. :(

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts