Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added a right side step to a 3 series with a cab? I have seen it done on open station but not seeing much on cab models.

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
No I've not seen it either, there is so little room to exit on the right with the console/joystick in the way I personally don't see the need.

Reactions: shyoung1

·
Registered
26,415 Posts
I consider the door on the right on cab tractors as an emergency out only. If you lay it on its left side that is how you get out on the right.

Most all machines above lawn tractors are meant to be mounted and dismounted from the left.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
As KennyD says, it is tough getting out on the right side. Unless you weigh somewhere around 100#, it just is not going to work. Secondly, that battery box is going to give your fits when trying to install a step. I have had to use the right door twice as the left door was blocked by the mirror and it is no fun trying to get by the joystick.

Dave

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I consider the door on the right on cab tractors as an emergency out only. If you lay it on its left side that is how you get out on the right.

Most all machines above lawn tractors are meant to be mounted and dismounted from the left.
That will be a little disappointing coming from open station where I can mount/dismount from either side, but I understand with joystick and all being there.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Heck, At 6'2", I have a hard enough time exiting from the left side let alone the right LOL. I do wish however, that deere would have put a gas shock thing on the right door too, it's a pain in the arse to try and mess with anything in the cab with that big heavy glass door closing on you.

·
Registered
26,415 Posts
That will be a little disappointing coming from open station where I can mount/dismount from either side, but I understand with joystick and all being there.
I see in your sig line you have a 2520 same as me. I have never tried it but it sure looks like it would be near impossible to get on and off on the right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts