Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://hostessbrands.com/Closed.aspx

The Hostess company here in Texas ,that is known worldwide for their sponge cake cream-filled treats and others, has been threatening to close down entirely if the striking union workers didn't come back to work.

Well, no compromise was reached so the company shut down entirely. Now all these people are out of work.

Prices online have skyrocketed upon reports of the closing. Someone was selling a pair of Twinkies on Ebay for $3000. ?????:laugh:

The local Hostess bakery's shelves are completely empty as people scrambled to buy up the last Twinkies or any other treats that could be found.

One Last report said that a judge gave the company a 24 hour window to work things out before bankruptcy proceedings begin.

·
Administrator
17,976 Posts
I heard late today that they agreed to arbitration/mediation? Maybe they can get a bail-out:thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
"Hostess Shrugged"

10 points if you get it. Don't know what the points are good for, but there's 10 of them. :laugh:

Some other company or companies will buy up the rights to the products, Twinkies will be back on the shelves at some point. I've heard a lot of talk about the Bimbo group buying them.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Luckily twinkles are still being made in Canada as it is run by a separate company.

If that $3000 bid goes through let me know and I will hit my local supermarket. Hahaha

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard late today that they agreed to arbitration/mediation? Maybe they can get a bail-out:thumbsdown:
Looks like the mediation fell through. Pretty sure a buy out of their recipes will happen soon by another company. The union folks and others no longer have jobs. Too much competition and increased costs drove the company into the ground. Nobody wants to buy the outdated factories.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Hostess Shrugged"

10 points if you get it. Don't know what the points are good for, but there's 10 of them. :laugh:

Some other company or companies will buy up the rights to the products, Twinkies will be back on the shelves at some point. I've heard a lot of talk about the Bimbo group buying them.
Yip, there are a lot of buzzards circling overhead as the heartbeat of that business is no more.

Luckily twinkles are still being made in Canada as it is run by a separate company.

If that $3000 bid goes through let me know and I will hit my local supermarket. Hahaha
Better hold off on raiding those shelves just yet. :laugh:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Saputo of Montreal owns the rights to all the snacks, so we still get them. And George Weston owns the wonder bread rights, all is safe here. One union killed them, the other two agreed with no issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts