Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain the to me how(and how many) rear remotes work with the thrid scv already added? I know I had priced this option in the past and it was extremely overpriced. I'm also aware the many guys made there own. While much cheaper and not too bad I really think the fit an finish of the deere setup is hard to beat. Is the pair of remotes active selected but a solenoid? So that only one pair is active at a time? If so are the switches mounted on the right side fender? Does the kit include everything(switches, block,ports, hoses,etc)? Anyone who's added this and has pics would help alot. Thanks

Matt

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
In a nutshell:
-There is only one true independent SCV available from mother Deere. You already have the valve (maybe?), just no way to control it. The 3rd SCV kit includes the handle, hardlines, hardware, and QD's to make it all work. Cost is about $250-$300. First picture below is for the OS model.

-The 4th and 5th SCV is a electric "diverter" valve that is placed before the QD's that feed the loader. When the system is OFF, the the joystick controls the QD's at the middle of the tractor for the FEL. When the system is ON, the joystick controls two circuits (4 QD's) at the rear of the tractor. It is only one switch-and you cannot select a circuit to switch, both are at the same time. Price is $1200ish. Second and third pictures below show it.

Does this answer your questions Matt? Clear as mud?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I sure do like the QD bracket shown in picture 3, and what drives up the cost of the kit is the diverter valve followed by those hardlines. What I like about hardlines is that they don't take up as much room as hoses do.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have the third SCV and I currently switch them between grapple control and tilt on my harley rake. I've been thinking of ordering a TnT kit and don't want to have to keep switching hydro ports. Kenny,thanks I've looked at the JD parts drawings in the past. I'd really like to see a live installed pic. My dealer claims to never add this option to tractors, but I thought it was a dealer installed. I'd do it myself if I buy it.

Matt

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Matt, one other option is to add a simple electric diverter valve to the remote you already have to make the one remote into two-but it's still a either/or setup.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kenny, are you saying that adding the 4th and 5th steals the hydro flow from the loader controls when active? It seems like it makes more sense to grab it from the PB to a manifold with multiple solenoids activated by monmentary switches?

Matt

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Kenny, are you saying that adding the 4th and 5th steals the hydro flow from the loader controls when active?
Yes, exactly. It is either the front or the rear-never at the same time, both controlled by the joystick.

It seems like it makes more sense to grab it from the PB to a manifold with multiple solenoids activated by monmentary switches?
Yes-but that is a custom setup. I would use a two spool valve though rather than solenoid valves (EHV) so you could feather the controls, EHV's are ON or OFF.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kenny, is it possible to mount the manifold remotely(out of sight) and without using the EHV though? I was thinking of restricter on the EHV so slight adjustments would be possible.

Matt

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Kenny, is it possible to mount the manifold remotely(out of sight) and without using the EHV though?
Not sure I understand the question?

I was thinking of restricter on the EHV so slight adjustments would be possible.
Sure, that will help-also the use of 1/4" hoses help also. You can add adjustable neddle valves to fine tune the speed also.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Basically can I mount the manifold somewhere out of site so I don't have to see it?
If you have the room, I don't see why not; but real estate on these small tractors is at a premium.

If you put together your own solution, please post pictures.

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the link, still not the fit an finish of the deere setup but an awesome job none the less. When you go with Deere's solution you then use the loader joystick to feather the rear outlets right? And with a flip of a switch your back to the loader right?

Matt

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
When you go with Deere's solution you then use the loader joystick to feather the rear outlets right? And with a flip of a switch your back to the loader right?

Matt
Yes. Mid-ports (FEL) OR the rear ports, both joystick controlled.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts