Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been battling a hydraulic problem on my 3320/300cx loader for awhile. I blew a steel line connected to the loader valve and replaced all four lines. I also rebuilt the bucket cylinders twice because I cut a seal on the first attempt. 2nd go round they were ok but still had a slight internal oil bypass but not bad enough to worry about it. The issue now is the the bucket cylinders lock up when trying to roll back the bucket. If I apply light pressure to the valve handle while the tractor is at an idle and the loader is raised up, I can get the bucket to rollback slowly. I found a piece of cylinder seal in a quick disconnect fitting and cleared it, the rest of the seal was accounted for. I though maybe there was something else plugging the system. I've cleaned out the entire loader hydraulic circuit, including removal of the valve, disassembling and reassembling. The problem is only on the bucket cylinder circuit. Any else have a similar experience? Is it possible the cylinders are hydro locking with a slight amount of oil by pass? New cylinders are $300+ a piece and new valve is $1300.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
swap lines

You might swap swapping the lift can curl lines which would tell you if the issue is in the control or a cylinder. I would guess there's a bit of something stuck in the control valve and it allows fluid to flow in both sides of the cylinder which of course means it's locked up. Swapping the lines will help you see whether it's cylinder issue or a control valve issue.

Treefarmer

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,630 Posts
Under light hydraulic flow the fluid may slip by a blockage, not so much with high flow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I’ve swapped lines, flushed the system, disconnected lines and operated valve with hoses going into clear gallon jugs, all seem to check out ok. My one thought was the quick disconnect fitting that I pulled a piece of seal from might have a bad spring, swapped disconnects and no change. Headed to the Deere dealer with it tomorrow. Bought new, first time ever to go to the shop and it has 2000+ hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts