Green Tractor Talk banner

300D injection pump issues

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Lambertj09 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, first post. I have a JD 300D backhoe I bought used from a guy who had his own business, little over 4000 hours. I had a leak coming from the injection pump gear cover so I figured easy enough, ordered new gasket and replaced it. Well when I took the cover off I noticed the nut for the pump gear inside had contacted the cover and rubbed into it but I had not heard any noise and didn’t think too much of it. then I happened to notice a nut was missing off of the 3 bolts that hold injection pump to the engine. So I found a nut that would fit and tightened them all down until snug and crunk up engine and now it makes a metal screeching sound where I think the nut inside was contacting gear cover before. Any help to fix this would be appreciated it.

#7 ·
Weird, I have a feeling it’s been messed with before but I actually solved the issue. The bolt holding IP gear down was half way stripped but I could flip nut over and tighten it down and it’s foxed the issue. Would anyone happen to know a good asking price for a machine like this if I was looking to sell?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.