Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3025E with the 300E loader. With nothing in the bucket, the bucket 3 foot high and level -- the bucket will drift to full dump in about 40 seconds. There looks like there are no valves etc on the loader frame so my problem is in the loader valve?
Any suggestions as to where to look for repairing the bucket drift?

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
If it's leaking that fast, then most likely one of your cylinders are bypassing internally and needs to be rebuilt, but they are best done in pairs anyway. At about $100 to do yourself, it's the cheapest thing to try.

·
Premium Member
7,425 Posts
My guess is the loader valve. Unhook the bucket hoses, and try your test again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same problem yesterday with rapid dump but I was shooting hydro fluid from a loose fitting on the curl cylinder...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

I should have a couple of days off in a week and will try to look at it again. I'll let everyone know hoe it turns out.

·
Super Moderator
4,835 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

I should have a couple of days off in a week and will try to look at it again. I'll let everyone know hoe it turns out.
First thing I'd do is swap your loader connections at the SCV ports.

If you swap and the same problem continues, you've got bad cylinders.
If the problem changes to the entire loader dropping, you've got a bad valve.
If the problem goes away entirely, one of your connections wasn't fully seated. (Although I'd think you should see fluid on the ground if that's your issue...)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2018 3025e with only 38hrs on it has been back in 3 times to the dealer for the same thing. It has had 3 different loader valves installed and they still haven't fix it. The tested the cylinder's and they hold. The John Deere rep was sent out last Friday and they are filling a case on it and are supposed to put some check valves inline so that I can still use it while they figure it out. The 3rd loader valve they just put in almost passed their drift test so it has gotten better but it is very frustrating having a new tractor and it's been in 3 times in 38hrs.

·
Premium Member
7,425 Posts
Here's John Deere's solution for piss poor quality control.
How much (if any) of that invoice did you have to pay? For the price of the loader valve it should not need an external check valve too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That is a strange set up. But if it works, I guess I am interested. At least you are using it. Looks like in the parts book a BU16050 is the Bucket Cylinder Circuit part. $375.10

My 3025E is sitting at the dealer. They started a Repair Order on the bucket going/drifting to full dump in 30 seconds but it is not fixed. The Service department said they would call me when it is finished --- about 2 more weeks. Paid to have it hauled down on July 21st. I have faith in my Dealer but having owned 24 John Deere machines over the past 40 years I never had a unit that was out of service as long as this compact tractor. First CUT I owned - rest were row crops from Waterloo, utility tractors from Dubuque and I think the 2350 came from Germany. Rant over, I hope it gets fixed.

Thank you for the pictures and update............

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think it is in the loader valve as I have had 3 different ones on my tractor. When they tested the cylinders they capped both of them and let it sit for 2 days to prove the cylinders were holding but that doesn't prove that one of them isn't leaking because as long as one cylinder was holding it would just mask the leaking one. I didn't pay for anything on that invoice but John Deere was trying to get me to pay for the check valves until I got on the phone with them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The cause of the bucket dumping drift turned out to be a bad barrel. Dealer said the bore was damaged and installed a complete new cylinder. Just got it back and plan on using it today. Not related - but they replaced a rear axle seal (weeping) and the parking brake handle (button bad). When they were finely able to work on it, the Service Department called and let me know what it needed. Pays to have a good Dealership.........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts