Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brakes have been replaced, fluid and filter changed twice, screen cleaned. Brake Valve overhauled but still have a very load noise when left brake is applied hard. Sounds like the brake is coming apart and metal to metal. Have already removed brake lt brake assy again and find nothing wrong. Original problem was metal in transmission fluid. Found left brake assy down to metal yet right brake looked brand new. Right brake will not stop wheel when both brakes are applied and even when used independent to turn right doesn't stop completely. Have bled both sides.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Brakes have been replaced, fluid and filter changed twice, screen cleaned. Brake Valve overhauled but still have a very load noise when left brake is applied hard. Sounds like the brake is coming apart and metal to metal. Have already removed brake lt brake assy again and find nothing wrong. Original problem was metal in transmission fluid. Found left brake assy down to metal yet right brake looked brand new. Right brake will not stop wheel when both brakes are applied and even when used independent to turn right doesn't stop completely. Have bled both sides.
You might want to check the outer bearing. Under a load a bad bearing will cause a grinding noise. Which may answer for the metal in the fluid. If your our seal was leaking that would also cause a no brake issue.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
beerite
Welcome to GTT
JD 3010/4010 tractors have history of sensitive brakes. If RH brake pads don't hold when both pedals are applied I'd suggest to look for faulty equalizer valve in brake operating valve. I agree with other poster on grinding noise to check for faulty axle brg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3010 brake issue

metal came from worn out left brake disc from worn out brake pads. Which part in the brake valve is the equalizer valve. We just overhauled it but didn't replace any valves. Is it the one in the center with the screen and ball in it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just liked at the parts manual and the brake control valve on this tractor does not have an equalizing valve assembly. So, I suppose that could be the problem. Also forgot to mention that the right brake does not brake as good as the left when operating separately from the left. You can lock up the left brake but not the right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JD 3010 Brakes

Today swapped lines at control valve from left to right. Problem stayed the same as before. Right brake won't lock up where as left brake does.

·
Registered
930 Posts
WHen you replaced brakes, did you replace pads only? Are disks flat? They have a tendency to warp, and that can affect brake operation. Did you use original equipment pads? What kind of oil are you using? Some oils are more prone to brake chatter and noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts