Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,261 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. After all the gunk and crud that came out of it, I definitely plan to install a fuel filter before the lifter. Is there a fuel shut off at the gas tank? I can't seem to find it but the manual references it. Would prefer not getting a bath next time.

·
Super Moderator
8,261 Posts
Thank you. After all the gunk and crud that came out of it, I definitely plan to install a fuel filter before the lifter. Is there a fuel shut off at the gas tank? I can't seem to find it but the manual references it. Would prefer not getting a bath next time.
Yes, it appears there's a fuel shut-off as well as a water drain valve on your gasoline tank. Note items #7 & #8 on the image below:

#8 is the fuel shut-off valve.

3020 Gas Tank.gif

You might want to start poking around on the John Deere parts site. A little practice should get you going fairly quickly.

Here's the link: John Deere - Parts Catalog

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are right, it was mentioned in the operators manual vaguely... I didn't think of the parts manual. thank you. John

Reactions: DRobinson

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...I'd like to have all that gas back that I walked away wearing.....

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
12,242 Posts
Yes, it is a Zenith.

The parts for that carb are →here.

EDIT: I just noticed SGS posted the page. :hide:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep he did thank you. I just need the carb to manifold gasket and I will make my own since I have some fuel gasket material around.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you help me out here....what sizes are the fittings #23 and 24 on the fuel pump? it is confusing as I search to replace...5/16 line, NPT, 1/4", Flair fitting, etc..confusing! I am a rookie on this. Thanks John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts