Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 3025 with a backhoe the other day, and after a week, I still haven't solved a basic question. When I'm just driving around, what is the rev setting I should have on the throttle?. And should I leave it at the same point when I'm using the loader or backhoe?

I seem to have settled about 2400, but I don't see in the manuals where I should have it.

·
Administrator
20,314 Posts
You can use whatever "feels" right to you, sounds like 2400 is it (y)

The only time you really need to worry about it is when using the PTO, you want that (usually anyway) to run at 540, so the engine will have to run at a specific speed to attain that.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I bought a 3025 with a backhoe the other day, and after a week, I still haven't solved a basic question. When I'm just driving around, what is the rev setting I should have on the throttle?. And should I leave it at the same point when I'm using the loader or backhoe?

I seem to have settled about 2400, but I don't see in the manuals where I should have it.
For PTO work it should be marked on your tachometer. For that engine I think it is 3100 RPM. On my 3046R I mow with the RPMS about 2200, but that is a turbocharged engine with 20 more HP.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts