Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchaced tractor and blower new last month all together. Blower works great! But I noticed blower would sway to either side when operating as I understand. But is it normal for chains to rub rear tires. Should I adjust links so they don't hit tires? Any reason not to? Blower worked awesome! Threw 2 feet of snow 30+ feet!!

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
As a general rule of thumb, I tighten up my chains so that any sway in the 3pt is limited to less than 1/2" or so. I ca't think of any good reason to allow an implement to bounce around from side to side.

Reactions: fdmars and JD4044M

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
I agree with JimR. It is okay to have a wee bit of play (sway) in the 3PH as you don't want anything to bind but you definitely want to adjust your linkage so nothing comes in contact with the tires.

Reactions: fdmars and JD4044M

·
Administrator
18,485 Posts
Copied from your online manual:

Adjusting Implement Side-to-Side Sway

NOTE: Check implement operator’s manual procedure for adjusting sway links. When sway links have been properly adjusted, side sway of implement is controlled by position of links. A small amount of sway, 13—25 mm (1/2 - 1 in.), is needed for many implements.
Use left and right sway links (A) to adjust 3-point hitch implement side-to-side sway:

1. Park machine safely. (See Parking Safely in Safety Section.)
  2. Lower any rear mount implement to the ground.
  3. Loosen locknut (B).

4. LV16782-UN-05MAR13
    A - Sway Link
    B - Locknut
    C - Sway Link Adjusting Rod
    Rotate sway link adjusting rod (C) to adjust 3-point hitch implement side-to-side sway.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you for all your replies! I missed that in the manual. Mine sways side-side 6-8 inches hitting tires! Disappointed dealer did not set that up even close! I saw no reason for so much slack but wanted to make sure before I adjusted it.

·
Administrator
18,485 Posts
Unless you have a quick hitch, these will have to be adjusted every time you mount/dismount the blower or any other 3PH attachment, the dealer can't do that for you.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless you have a quick hitch, these will have to be adjusted every time you mount/dismount the blower or any other 3PH attachment, the dealer can't do that for you.
Thanks, understand. I just took it at delivery that's how it was to be. Then after operating it and seeing it sway around I was concerned.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wanted to give an update on snowblower operation through 1st winter- I love the tractor and snowblower. I have done 3-4 ft dry snow as well as 10in of wet heavy snow. Works great every time, just operated at walking speed and occasionally let up on pedal to let RPMs catch up on heavy conditions. Have not broke a shear pin yet! I have no chains and tires are not loaded, when going slow in deep snow I have had to stop- pull forward 6in and re-engage if traction was poor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts