Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else find themselves bending (or most recently for me breaking) the key off accidentally by getting on and off of their 3025E. I just got it this spring and love it, but bent the key the first week I had it, then this weekend broke it off entirely. It’s a fairly tight working console area and I think I’m just catching it with my boots or leg trying to get in/out of seat to quickly. Wondering if this is something JD should consider moving or if I’m just the only one dumb enough to catch it multiple times in a rush getting up and down from the seat.

·
Premium Member
17,080 Posts
You are not the first. On some tractors JD made the bone head decision to locate the ignition dead center on the area below the steering wheel which makes it very vulnerable to bending or breaking. Some folks have fashioned a guard to surround the key area.

• Love
Reactions: cuzz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are not the first. On some tractors JD made the bone head decision to locate the ignition dead center on the area below the steering wheel which makes it very vulnerable to bending or breaking. Some folks have fashioned a guard to surround the key area.
Thanks. Anyone got pictures of how they ve guarded it?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I hit mine the first time I got on my 2032R, I was already aware of this and still hit it. It looks like the key is in the wrong place in the recessed area. They have an area that has varying degrees of depth, but they put the key in the lowest and shallowest point. I am pretty sure they meant to have it up higher. There may be something in the way up higher. At some point I am going to move it up into the deeper part. I will have to plug the hole with something, like a rubber grommet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hit mine the first time I got on my 2032R, I was already aware of this and still hit it. It looks like the key is in the wrong place in the recessed area. They have an area that has varying degrees of depth, but they put the key in the lowest and shallowest point. I am pretty sure they meant to have it up higher. There may be something in the way up higher. At some point I am going to move it up into the deeper part. I will have to plug the hole with something, like a rubber grommet. View attachment 796998
Green Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design
Green Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

take off the panel, get a couple heavy duty drawer handles…. Drill and mount them as guards. 2038R

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Couldn't a hole be drilled and switch moved a few inches up? That way it's in the recess. Key (red) top could be ground off a little if needed. Put a cap-plug in bottom hole.
Plant Tire Automotive lighting Green Motor vehicle

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.