Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I've been on the forum and I've missed it. I left Idaho after some life changes and landed in south-central Oklahoma. I sold my 2038R before moving as I knew I wouldn't be needing it as much as I needed money for the move and new place to live.

Well, fast forward 2.5 years. My wife and I just moved into a new place (new to us) on nearly 20 acres. We knew we'd be needing a tractor. After the 2038R I was spoiled having all the bells and whistles and a backhoe. But, we don't have that kind of budget any longer since we're both retired. So, I started looking at alternatives.

I won't go into all the boring details...but I wound up with a 2022 3025E package deal. I was skeptical about the power of the 3025E. I wasn't sure it would be able to run a decent size brush mower, or pull a box blade, etc... I also wasn't sure about the package deal...I didn't know if they're just gimmicks or if I'd actually save money. Well, I can tell you with certainty, I'm a believer now.

We made a deal on our new tractor/loader and chose the following Frontier implements to customize our package: 60" box blade, 60" brush mower, 42" pallet forks, iMatch hitch and an 18' trailer. I was very pleased with the price after comparing buying the items separately.

The tractor was delivered the same day and I put it right to work. The dealer had installed the iMatch and mower. I needed to make some slight adjustments and it was ready to go. The first thing I did was mow the ditch in front of the place along the country road. Some of the grass was 7 or 8 feet tall with various weeds and brush. Granted, I took it slowly because I didn't know what was under that mess and I didn't know where the ditch was. I didn't want to roll over into the ditch on my first day of ownership! But, I couldn't be more pleased with the results. The tractor/mower combo handled it quite well and the little diesel didn't bog down a bit. I had the same results when I drug the box blade up and down our 650' driveway. I was worried about the tractor being underpowered for nothing. It's actually a very capable machine and I couldn't be more pleased.

I ultimately decided I could live with the 3025E due to fewer emissions parts/functions on the smaller diesel. It wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me to go with one of the higher-powered machines and dealing with that but I figured going simpler had advantages, too. At any rate, I happy with the 3025E.

I'm looking forward to hanging out here again and talking about tractors and such. I couldn't figure out how to change my poster name from ID to OK Corgi Ranch, though. :)

Sky Wheel Cloud Plant Vehicle

Plant Sky Plant community Cloud Green

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome back!! I was here in 2016 and 2017... then sold my farm and tractor and moved back to the city. Never in all my livin life did I believe I'd get to do this again.

Then, in 2021 I bought a 6-acre ranch in the woods - and another 1025R. Just moved to the3046R a week ago, and came back. :)

I love this place so much. Hope you will, too.

- Ken

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,017 Posts
If I were shopping again I'd look hard at the 3025E or even the 3025D (gear drive w/shuttle shift).

·
Super Moderator
3,975 Posts

·
Administrator
22,666 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,975 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome from another Okie with 2 of the 3E series and I think they are very capable tractors.
I wish the seat was better! Hate it after several hours of brush hogging!
Also adding cruise control to both but aside from that I don't think I really need any other bells N whistles! Maybe a temp gauge on the older one rather than the light.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from another Okie with 2 of the 3E series and I think they are very capable tractors.
I wish the seat was better! Hate it after several hours of brush hogging!
Also adding cruise control to both but aside from that I don't think I really need any other bells N whistles! Maybe a temp gauge on the older one rather than the light.
The one thing I do miss is the auto throttle. The manual throttle isn't a problem but I really like that auto throttle. Other than that I can't think of anything I miss. Well...the backhoe...

·
Registered
2022 1025R
265 Posts
The one thing I do miss is the auto throttle. The manual throttle isn't a problem but I really like that auto throttle. Other than that I can't think of anything I miss. Well...the backhoe...
How does the auto throttle work?

I have a 1025r, which I assume has a manual throttle. I control the rpm's by moving the hand throttle up or down.

·
Premium Member
10,131 Posts
Congratulations and a very nice choice.(y)

Reactions: OK Corgi Ranch

·
Administrator
22,666 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congratulations! I wish they offered a package deal like that (tractor, trailer and a couple implements) here in the Midwest.

Reactions: OK Corgi Ranch
1 - 16 of 16 Posts