Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I've been on the forum and I've missed it. I left Idaho after some life changes and landed in south-central Oklahoma. I sold my 2038R before moving as I knew I wouldn't be needing it as much as I needed money for the move and new place to live.

Well, fast forward 2.5 years. My wife and I just moved into a new place (new to us) on nearly 20 acres. We knew we'd be needing a tractor. After the 2038R I was spoiled having all the bells and whistles and a backhoe. But, we don't have that kind of budget any longer since we're both retired. So, I started looking at alternatives.

I won't go into all the boring details...but I wound up with a 2022 3025E package deal. I was skeptical about the power of the 3025E. I wasn't sure it would be able to run a decent size brush mower, or pull a box blade, etc... I also wasn't sure about the package deal...I didn't know if they're just gimmicks or if I'd actually save money. Well, I can tell you with certainty, I'm a believer now.

We made a deal on our new tractor/loader and chose the following Frontier implements to customize our package: 60" box blade, 60" brush mower, 42" pallet forks, iMatch hitch and an 18' trailer. I was very pleased with the price after comparing buying the items separately.

The tractor was delivered the same day and I put it right to work. The dealer had installed the iMatch and mower. I needed to make some slight adjustments and it was ready to go. The first thing I did was mow the ditch in front of the place along the country road. Some of the grass was 7 or 8 feet tall with various weeds and brush. Granted, I took it slowly because I didn't know what was under that mess and I didn't know where the ditch was. I didn't want to roll over into the ditch on my first day of ownership! But, I couldn't be more pleased with the results. The tractor/mower combo handled it quite well and the little diesel didn't bog down a bit. I had the same results when I drug the box blade up and down our 650' driveway. I was worried about the tractor being underpowered for nothing. It's actually a very capable machine and I couldn't be more pleased.

I ultimately decided I could live with the 3025E due to fewer emissions parts/functions on the smaller diesel. It wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me to go with one of the higher-powered machines and dealing with that but I figured going simpler had advantages, too. At any rate, I happy with the 3025E.

I'm looking forward to hanging out here again and talking about tractors and such. I couldn't figure out how to change my poster name from ID to OK Corgi Ranch, though. :)

Sky Wheel Cloud Plant Vehicle

Plant Sky Plant community Cloud Green

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome back!! I was here in 2016 and 2017... then sold my farm and tractor and moved back to the city. Never in all my livin life did I believe I'd get to do this again.

Then, in 2021 I bought a 6-acre ranch in the woods - and another 1025R. Just moved to the3046R a week ago, and came back. :)

I love this place so much. Hope you will, too.

- Ken

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,262 Posts
If I were shopping again I'd look hard at the 3025E or even the 3025D (gear drive w/shuttle shift).

·
Super Moderator
4,074 Posts

·
Administrator
22,941 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,074 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome from another Okie with 2 of the 3E series and I think they are very capable tractors.
I wish the seat was better! Hate it after several hours of brush hogging!
Also adding cruise control to both but aside from that I don't think I really need any other bells N whistles! Maybe a temp gauge on the older one rather than the light.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from another Okie with 2 of the 3E series and I think they are very capable tractors.
I wish the seat was better! Hate it after several hours of brush hogging!
Also adding cruise control to both but aside from that I don't think I really need any other bells N whistles! Maybe a temp gauge on the older one rather than the light.
The one thing I do miss is the auto throttle. The manual throttle isn't a problem but I really like that auto throttle. Other than that I can't think of anything I miss. Well...the backhoe...

·
Registered
2022 1025R
278 Posts
The one thing I do miss is the auto throttle. The manual throttle isn't a problem but I really like that auto throttle. Other than that I can't think of anything I miss. Well...the backhoe...
How does the auto throttle work?

I have a 1025r, which I assume has a manual throttle. I control the rpm's by moving the hand throttle up or down.

·
Premium Member
10,346 Posts
Congratulations and a very nice choice.(y)

Reactions: OK Corgi Ranch

·
Administrator
22,941 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congratulations! I wish they offered a package deal like that (tractor, trailer and a couple implements) here in the Midwest.

Reactions: OK Corgi Ranch

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I finished mowing the ditch along the road today. Grass was over 8' tall and thick. I backed the mower into the ditch and knocked the grass and brush down enough that I could see the ground. Then I was able to mow along each side without issue. Couple of places with a pretty good lean but the tractor never felt tippy at all. I'm just not accustomed to working on slopes like that so I took it nice and slow, ROPS up and seat belted in!

Not sure what kind of trees these were but both were about 3" in diameter. The 3025E and RC2060 handled everything without issue. I'm was surprised all over again by the capability of this tractor.

Plant Wood Twig Natural material Terrestrial plant

Plant Plant community Land lot Tree Grass

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
There's more to how a tractor can perform in real world conditions than the HP rating. That 3025 still has a larger displacement engine than a 1025r, meaning more torque. No surprise to me at all that it works just fine.
That is one of the best values in a medium frame tractor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts