Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First day with my (almost) new 3025E. :) I was wondering what the current wisdom is regarding shutting the fuel valve after use? It would seem to me that unlike a carbureted gas engine there is no float needle valve to fail so the fuel valve won't stop fuel if the injectors are closed. Or, is leak by a potential issue? Tractor runs great!! I leave the box blade attached for ballast. I know I should have more. It's gonna happen.

Thanx,
Mike

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
First day with my (almost) new 3025E. :) I was wondering what the current wisdom is regarding shutting the fuel valve after use? It would seem to me that unlike a carbureted gas engine there is no float needle valve to fail so the fuel valve won't stop fuel if the injectors are closed. Or, is leak by a potential issue? Tractor runs great!! I leave the box blade attached for ballast. I know I should have more. It's gonna happen.

Thanx,
Mike
The only time I have shut mine off in the two years I have owned my 3025E was when I was changing the fuel strainer when I did a 200 hour service. Otherwise I do not see a need. It's not going to flood the engine or anything if that's your concern by leaving it on.

Reactions: Mike2636

·
Registered
268 Posts
The only time I have shut mine off in the two years I have owned my 3025E was when I was changing the fuel strainer when I did a 200 hour service. Otherwise I do not see a need. It's not going to flood the engine or anything if that's your concern by leaving it on.
Agree

1 - 3 of 3 Posts