Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot help but notice there only seems to be a difference with fuel injectors between 3025e and 3032e. Same engine, same compression, pretty much the same RPM... this has got to be tunable via an ECU/air box upgrade. I am not an engine mechanic but I have worked on aircraft for 16 years and this is killing my brain!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I’d say it’s more than a simple thing, the 32hp is going to have DPF and the associated electronics to control it. You wouldn’t need that to increase the power of your 25 hp machine but you woukd have to know what you were doing with the injectors and the pump to do it correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d say it’s more than a simple thing, the 32hp is going to have DPF and the associated electronics to control it. You wouldn’t need that to increase the power of your 25 hp machine but you woukd have to know what you were doing with the injectors and the pump to do it correctly.
I wouldn’t think that the emissions would increase the HP. I believe the 25hp version is just tuned down with fuel/air mix.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I thought in your first post you said the injectors were different?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought in your first post you said the injectors were different?
Yeah, on the specs list on John Deere website, the 3025e says direct injection and the 3032e says high pressure rail injection. I wonder if the injectors and ecu could be swapped. If it has an ecu, I am used to tinkering with motorcycles.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah, on the specs list on John Deere website, the 3025e says direct injection and the 3032e says high pressure rail injection. I wonder if the injectors and ecu could be swapped. If it has an ecu, I am used to tinkering with motorcycles.
Typically direct injection is common rail. (Not always but more often than not.). So could be the same injectors just controlled differently for more HP. As others have said the 32 HP version would require emissions which would also necessitate that fuel system be ECU controlled to monitor DPF and perfrom regens.

Jeff.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Typically direct injection is common rail. (Not always but more often than not.). So could be the same injectors just controlled differently for more HP. As others have said the 32 HP version would require emissions which would also necessitate that fuel system be ECU controlled to monitor DPF and perfrom regens.

Jeff.
Yeah, it actually says, high pressure common rail direct injection. The emissions and dpf are added systems. People remove regen systems all the time. Maybe the injectors are the same. I will continue to research. I know that I am the one asking the question, I will go ahead and say now, that regen and dpf would not give this tractor more power. I am just saying that you should be able to reprogram this tractor to have the same power since the engines are 100% identical. You could delete regen and dpf if you had the tools, but reprogramming a 3025e to squirt more fuel may be far easier.

p.s. I apologize, but I am coming from street bikes. We reprogram these bad boys all day for more power, and delete emissions. You just have to find someone with a dyno or ecu program. Probably nobody is doing this for tractors...

·
Registered
458 Posts
I will go ahead and say now, that regen and dpf would not give this tractor more power. I am just saying that you should be able to reprogram this tractor to have the same power since the engines are 100% identical. You could delete regen and dpf if you had the tools, but reprogramming a 3025e to squirt more fuel may be far easier.
I know this. I just mentioned it because without emissions the engine could still be mechanical injection, but with it it MUST be ECU controlled.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
You'd probably just need a knowledgeable diesel mechanic to turn up your injectors and fuel pump, I would imagine a 3025 it would be all mechanical.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The problem is programmers are common for things like pickups, cars and bikes, but as far as I know not so much with tractors. If your 3025e is common rail it would be easy to turn up with the needed programming. I believe my 2025r is indirect injection and mechanical.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts