Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner lost the key and had to make a "generic" one work. I will be picking up a new switch and two keys this week. What panels etc do I need to pull off to get to the ignition switch?

Thanx,
Mike

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The previous owner lost the key and had to make a "generic" one work. I will be picking up a new switch and two keys this week. What panels etc do I need to pull off to get to the ignition switch?

Thanx,
Mike
Guess the PO didn't know all he had to do was go to the dealer and buy a key.

I just looked at my 3205E and it looks like you just raise the hood and remove the right side engine side panel. That could possibly give you all the access you need. The fuel filter maybe in the way, that's pretty simple to remove if you have some hours on the machine, might be a good idea to swap it out anyways.

Good luck with the repair. :greentractorride:

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Administrator
18,472 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: 69project

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess the PO didn't know all he had to do was go to the dealer and buy a key.

I just looked at my 3205E and it looks like you just raise the hood and remove the right side engine side panel. That could possibly give you all the access you need. The fuel filter maybe in the way, that's pretty simple to remove if you have some hours on the machine, might be a good idea to swap it out anyways.

Good luck with the repair. :greentractorride:
Thanx, I've done that already and the fuel tank seems to be in way. There are very low hours on the machine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on :thumbup1gif: All keyed the same...
Thanx for the diagram. The switch will pop out with a sharp rap from a screwdriver on the the top and bottom of the housing behind the lip of the switch.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts