Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a mower to do my camp. I am not looking for an elegant lawn but to just keep it looking descent. It's only 1 1/2 acres. Will my tractor have enough HP ( 20 pto HP) to operate a 5' finish mower or brush hog? I am able to find several 5' but 4' seems much harder to purchase used

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Depends how tall the grass is.

·
Premium Member
12,893 Posts
The Frontier RC2060 requires 19 pto hp, my understanding from the dealer was they did that for the 3025 because you should really have a cutter that covers our tracks. I run a 60" on my 2025 with no issues at all.
John Deere 2025R brush hogging field - YouTube

And this field is one of our better hay fields that we just weren't able to get a final cutting off of due to the weather, it was quite thick in spots and I ran through it with no issues. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
8,426 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Last Saturday I mowed an acre and a half as a test for my 3025E. I was concerned that it would not handle the Bush Hog 60" mower in my pastures. It mowed great with no problems. Usually I spend 25+ hours a year "hoggin" and have always used one of our utility John Deere tractors. I have no reservations that the 3025E can do the job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts