Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the near record rains that soaked Missouri last week, things dried up enough to get some work done. This is a short update for those thinking of the 25hp 3 series, along with a short review of the Titan Ballast box and Harbor Freight quick hitch and Titan clamp on forks.
1) The tractor has never wanted for power, which was my only concern. I've used a single bottom plow, 4' JD brush hog and 7' blade. Our 20 acres includes 10 acres of rolling terrain with threes and 10 acres of old fields. I believe the tractor would easily pull a two bottom plow. The FEL has been used to haul gravel and dirt for a foundation project, and has been easy to master. Almost all of my time has been in 4WD. The R4 tires are a good compromise for the type of work I am doing, and did not mud up too bad. I tend to burn a gallon an hour of fuel.

2) Harbor Freight quick hitch review: The price is right, but be prepared to the center hook modification others have noted. We had to cut 1/2" of material off the center hook (using a torch). Once done, the quick hitch works great. Sorry I don't have pictures, but I didn't bring my phone with me when doing the work.

3) Unlike some reviewers on this site, the Titan Ballast Box arrived in the right color (Green), The cardboard box it was delivered in shows a red ballast box, but the green attachment points sticking through the box assured me it was the correct color. The Bad: The implement had been dropped in shipping and the top link was bent 2". Instead of returning it, I used a torch and bent it back to the correct position. The Good: The metal is thick and the welds are good for a lower cost box. The extra weight is very helpful when using the FEL.

4) The Titan 42" clamp on forks were a compromise. I do not anticipate using the forks regularly, but anticipate moving a lot of brush in the first year or two on our new property. The key so far is to clamp them good....I am using a 16" piece of 2" PVC over the clamp handles to ensure they are tight. Seems to be the right amount of torque to ensure they do not loosen up, and saves kicking the handles, which can cause them to move when tightening. So far I've moved several brush piles, large branches and felled trees with good results. Although some have reported the bucket obscures a view of the forks, I found I can move around enough to see that the forks are placed where needed. I also found the larger the pile the better the results. All in all, a good tool for those seeking an affordable option for pallet forks.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I have one as well and the joy stick is not an issue. It sticks out far enough that it isn't big reach for me and nor does my arm get tired. I have used this style and the one that the SCUT uses where it comes up out of the floor. I do not think it is a big deal to use either style. To me the only difference is when you are transporting a load across terrain, I have to remind myself to keep a hand on the joystick incase I have to dump the load in an emergency. With my 2210 where it comes out of the floor it was just natural to rest your hand on the joystick. Anyways, I like it and have no issues with it, trust me it was a concern when I was shopping for a new tractor but really it's a non-factor for me. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
825 Posts
The Joystick is in a good spot for me. Definitely looking forward to my Titan ballast box, delivery should be on 5/12, $255.61 with free shipping on Amazon, hopefully it is green. Still no regrets going from the 1023e to 3025e, night and day difference. 5.2Hrs, most of which has been tractor rides for the little one.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
The 3025e is rated for either the PDH100 through PDH300, you just need to find something compatible with 19 PTO HP. When I bought mine my dealer had a PDH300 that was used as a demo. I just wanted a PDH 100 but he offered me the PDH 300 to me for the same price as the 100 so I took it. It does a really nice job. The only difference between the models is the gear box and overall weight.

I have heard the one TSC offers does a nice job and it is going to be less in price than the Rotomec that JD offers. Also Everything Attachments offers one that looks really nice as well.

One thing to note is none of the PDH's out there to include the JD models are quick hitch compatible. The lifting angles will cause interference issues with a QH. Storage is also and issue. I looked at after market stands for them but everyone I saw was around $500. Right now I have just drilled a hole in the ground and have it stored upright like that for the moment until I can get something rigged up. These things are awkward to handle and heavy.

·
Registered
825 Posts
The 3025e is rated for either the PDH100 through PDH300, you just need to find something compatible with 19 PTO HP. When I bought mine my dealer had a PDH300 that was used as a demo. I just wanted a PDH 100 but he offered me the PDH 300 to me for the same price as the 100 so I took it. It does a really nice job. The only difference between the models is the gear box and overall weight.

I have heard the one TSC offers does a nice job and it is going to be less in price than the Rotomec that JD offers. Also Everything Attachments offers one that looks really nice as well.

One thing to note is none of the PDH's out there to include the JD models are quick hitch compatible. The lifting angles will cause interference issues with a QH. Storage is also and issue. I looked at after market stands for them but everyone I saw was around $500. Right now I have just drilled a hole in the ground and have it stored upright like that for the moment until I can get something rigged up. These things are awkward to handle and heavy.
Im seriously considering the larger PHD from ETA. They have great videos showcasing their products. Also, my Titan ballast box came In today, it's red as advertised. The FedEx guy said the ballast box destroyed several packages on his truck.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great review.

How do you like where the loader control stick is mounted?
They seem like an intuitive location...the fact that I have not thought much about the location tells me that it's good. As a former SCCA and vintage racer, bad locations stand out...good locations don't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts