Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed the hydraulic portion and made sure everything is routed so it’ll not bind or rub etc. not sure what I want to do with the connectors yet and not fond of the plate they are hooked to but will figure that out tomorrow. For now it’s just zip tied on.

Now I haven’t looked to formulate a game plan but am wondering what the other E series guys did for this part of the install since there are going to be numerous ways to do this.

Has anyone used an add a fuse?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Installed the hydraulic portion and made sure everything is routed so it’ll not bind or rub etc. not sure what I want to do with the connectors yet and not fond of the plate they are hooked to but will figure that out tomorrow. For now it’s just zip tied on.

Now I haven’t looked to formulate a game plan but am wondering what the other E series guys did for this part of the install since there are going to be numerous ways to do this.

The dealer did mine and it appears the plugged into the harness right behind the dash. There maybe some sort of plug there because it does not look like they hacked anything to make the connection.

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
When I pull the cover off next to the steering wheel on my 4044M that is where my fuse panel is on the left side. There are 2 threaded studs one switched and one not switched. That is where I tapped a fuse for my Wipers and Windshield Washer Pump. I found out once the switched stud is fused from the panel too. My 4 LED Lights were taped off Power intended for add ones under my switch panel on the right fender.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

The dealer did mine and it appears the plugged into the harness right behind the dash. There maybe some sort of plug there because it does not look like they hacked anything to make the connection.
When you get a chance anyway you could take a few picture of how they did it and fuse block? You have a 2017 right, I’m sure that it is setup the same as the 2018 in this area, hopefully.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I pull the cover off next to the steering wheel on my 4044M that is where my fuse panel is on the left side. There are 2 threaded studs one switched and one not switched. That is where I tapped a fuse for my Wipers and Windshield Washer Pump. I found out once the switched stud is fused from the panel too. My 4 LED Lights were taped off Power intended for add ones under my switch panel on the right fender.
Hmm, not sure if the 3025e has that but I’ll look as that would be super simple. The fuse block does have an accessory 10amp that would work with an add a fuse.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
All, here are some photos of where the electrical part of the WR Long third function valve is wired into the tractor. My Tractor is a 2017 3025E. There is a fuse between valve and where it plugs into the main harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! This helps, think I’ve decided to use an add a fuse. The 2018 has a open fuse location in the fuse block that supposedly is for the cruise control that I plan to use. Here are a few different pics of the options I was looking at and the fuse block. Once I have it all buttoned up I’ll take some pics of the install.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, not sure if the 3025e has that but I’ll look as that would be super simple. The fuse block does have an accessory 10amp that would work with an add a fuse.
FYI... if you remove the 10amp accy fuse your tractor will not start, I’d skip using this.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just ran the power straight to the battery

1 - 9 of 9 Posts