Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. First time posting here. Hope to browse and learn a lot from you guys.

I recently have become a new, proud owner of a new 3032E series JD. One of my first jobs with it was to brush hog a 6 acre field. Wasn't having any issues until about a 1/3 of the way through it the cruise control disengaged. No codes or anything popped up, it just slowed to a stop suddenly. I would get back up toe the speed I wanted and re-engage, and it would work for awhile then disengage again. It disengaged nearly 8 times in a 2-1/2" hour brush hog session. I didn't hit levers or change anything that I know of. The area is too hilly or anything, but it's not perfectly flat either.

Has anyone else had this happen to them before? I would hate to be taking down the road and have it happen with vehicles behind me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 3032E and it has been a great machine for the 8+ years that I have owned it.

I bush-hog about 7 acres every 2-3 weeks, and the only time that my cruise control has disengaged inadvertently, was when I accidently touched the brake pedal. I am not suggesting that is what happened with you, but it will disengage with a light tap of the brake pedal.

·
Registered
JD 455, 4610, 4052R, and 6120E
640 Posts
The cruise control will also disengage if you accidentally hit the reverse pedal.

My 4610 started being stubborn about engaging the cruise control at times, but when it did, it would always display a MFWD speed sensor error code.

I replaced the MFWD speed sensor, and has been rock solid since.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Could it also self-disengage if the ECU sees too much load and the set speed slows down too much? Example: going up a hill, ECU requests more speed, engine can't deliver enough, so ECU kills cruise control.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I don't recall hitting the brake or reverse pedal, but that doesn't mean I didn't accidently. I do wonder about the possibility of load. I seem to recall the instances were while going up an incline. Perhaps the load was too much for the speed and hill combo. Although I did dog it down a few times and it didn't disengage. I am going to get a hold of the dealership and see what they say.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Could it also self-disengage if the ECU sees too much load and the set speed slows down too much? Example: going up a hill, ECU requests more speed, engine can't deliver enough, so ECU kills cruise control.
From my experience it just slows down under load it never disengaged on me because of load even in steep inclines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.