Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,425 Posts
This is shown in the owner's manual: (Note item "C")

[h=3]Change Engine Oil and Filter[/h]

1. PY38974-UN-17JUL17
    3025E Shown, Other Models are Similar
    A - Oil Drain Plug
    B - Oil Filter
    C - Oil Fill Cap

·
Premium Member
17,425 Posts
I've never found mine on the 3025e, I fill it thru the dipstick but boy it is slow going.
The Owner's Manual is your friend:

Change Engine Oil and Filter

1. PY38974-UN-17JUL17
    3025E Shown, Other Models are Similar
    A - Oil Drain Plug
    B - Oil Filter
    C - Oil Fill Cap
In addition, the on-line parts illustrations can be your friend also.

Auto part Text Automotive engine part Line art

·
Registered
20 Posts
I must be missing something because I have searched for and haven't found anywhere where it states that an engine oil change is due at the first 50 hour service?

This is all I can find for the first 50 service:

After First 50 Hours:

Change transmission oil and filter.
Clean transmission suction screen.

Every 200 Hours or Annually:

Change engine oil and filter.
Inspect alternator belt.
Check wheel bolt torque.
Check and adjust fan belt.

·
Administrator
23,184 Posts
I must be missing something because I have searched for and haven't found anywhere where it states that an engine oil change is due at the first 50 hour service?

This is all I can find for the first 50 service:

After First 50 Hours:

Change transmission oil and filter.
Clean transmission suction screen.

Every 200 Hours or Annually:

Change engine oil and filter.
Inspect alternator belt.
Check wheel bolt torque.
Check and adjust fan belt.
It also says “or Annually”, so if you reach the 50 hours in the first year you should be changing it anyway.

Also JD just recently changed this, most like because of environmental pressures, but before 2018 or 2017 the first hourly change for engine and hydro oils was indeed at 50 across the board.

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,485 Posts
It also says “or Annually”, so if you reach the 50 hours in the first year you should be changing it anyway.

Also JD just recently changed this, most like because of environmental pressures, but before 2018 or 2017 the first hourly change for engine and hydro oils was indeed at 50 across the board.
That and according to my dealer to boast a lower cost of operation to the owner, I don't buy it, so I did a 50 hydro on mine anyway and will do a 100 hr engine oil and filter change as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Thanks Kennyd, It will be @ 50 hours after just 4 weeks of ownership, it gets used a lot.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
1,557 Posts

They had to change the manual before 2017 because mine says the only thing you change is the hydraulic fluid at 50 and then engine oil at 200. I made it to 130 hours in the first year so not close to 200. So I will be doing a service soon. One more thing on the to do list. :bigthumb:

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
17,425 Posts
They had to change the manual before 2017 because mine says the only thing you change is the hydraulic fluid at 50 and then engine oil at 200. I made it to 130 hours in the first year so not close to 200. So I will be doing a service soon. One more thing on the to do list. :bigthumb:
I'm not aware of the 3032E manual ever saying to change the engine oil/filter after the initial 50 hrs.

Here is what I found... going back to the original manual for S/N (010001-609999) there was no initial 50 hr service. Only the following initial 10 hr service:

After First 10 Hours

• Check wheel bolt torque.

Then in the manual for S/N (610000-709999) they added the following initial 50 hr service section:

After First 50 Hours

• Change transmission oil and filter.
  • Clean transmission suction screen.

The manual for S/N (710001-) had the same initial 50 hr service section

After First 50 Hours

• Change transmission oil and filter.
  • Clean transmission suction screen.

Then starting with S/N (HJ100000-) the manual was changed again to NOT have an initial 50 hr service section.

Really... you can't make this stuff up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.