Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
The Magnuson Moss act prevents any manufacturer from denying or specifying a warranty requires the use of factory parts/fluids unless they want to furnish said parts and fluids

Magnuson Moss Warranty-Federal Trade Commission Improvements Act

Title I of this Act authorizes the Federal Trade Commission to develop regulations for written warranties. The Act directs the Commission to establish disclosure standards for written warranties, specifies standards for “full” warranties, limits disclaimer of implied warranties, and establishes consumer remedies for breach of warranty or service contract obligations. The E-Warranty Act of 2015, Pub. L. No. 114-51, 129 Stat. 494, amending this Title, requires the Commission to revise its rule on pre-sale availability of warranties to provide that disclosure of a warranty on the manufacturer's website complies with the rule so long as (a) the location of the website and an offline means of obtaining the warranty are indicated on the product, packaging, or manual, and (b) the seller makes the warranty available at the location of the sale before purchase.

·
Registered
235 Posts
True but they can deny all day long, it’s then on us to go further with action.
Not if you involve your state AG, they don't like those phone calls.

I had an ex girlfriend that bought a Infiniti, sales guy said that all the filters and oil was proprietary and had to be purchase thru service in order to maintain the warranty. I leaned across the desk and said that it was their legal responsibility to supply those for free if they were required to maintain the warranty. He balked, I asked to borrow his phone, called the AG's office, told them what was going on, lady said hand the phone to said sales guy, lot's of yes ma'ams later, he asked me how many filters I wanted. I walked out with a case of oil filters, a couple of air filters and a transmission filter. That is specifically what that act was meant to address, protection for the consumer.

Reactions: Town Manager
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.