Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am scratching my head trying to figure out how in the world someone is supposed to remove the battery on this tractor. The clamps which hold the battery down on each side are straight forward enough in all the diagrams but the bolt heads are literally pressed up against the battery like the actual battery is a tad bit too big. I can’t get any type of wrench or socket on either bolt because of this pressure between the bolt head and battery casing.

It looks like the entire battery plate housing can come out which is my next logical step unless someone can shed some light on this that I have overlooked.

Any input would be great!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
Just guessing here....

In the diagram it looks like bracket #16 is the battery hold down. Are you trying to loosen bolt #17?

It looks like you could remove bolt #11 and it would let that clamp loose.

EA6BA122-7C20-4B8A-8F31-76538D6429EC.png

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just guessing here....

In the diagram it looks like bracket #16 is the battery hold down. Are you trying to loosen bolt #17?

It looks like you could remove bolt #11 and it would let that clamp loose.

View attachment 538050
Hum.... I haven’t noticed that bolt and was trying to remove 17 on both sides.

I will have to look and see if there is a way to get to that #11 if it is indeed there. That diagram is a tad different than what it actually there but very possible the #11 is there and could free up enough space to wiggle things around.

Many thanks and will get back out there before dark and give it a “look-see”. No chance you know the size of #11 do you? 13mm has been the size for the main plate nuts everything sits on top of but I ran into one bolt there that just spins when trying to take the nut off the battery compartment side so am stuck there now as it was the last one I needed to remove. Taking it all out would be a major hassle since would have to disconnect all the electrical harnesses too.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Coaltrain

That was the answer. Too bad JD didn’t put that in the manual. It’s directions say to remove the bolt that is literally impossible lol. I couldn’t even make out the other bolts on the sides since it’s pretty dirty in there so never even thought about another way other than what the manual stated. Good way to make service call money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts