Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys got my new 3033r on Saturday and love it. I think my next need for it will be a box scraper. The real question is what size? I am leaning towards something between 5 and 5' 6". I know frontier offers both sizes and I believe woods does as well. I was originally leaning towards the tractor supply box but I'm not sure how it will hold up.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
On a 3033r I would go with at least a 72". I ordered one with my 2038. I have a 84" I use behind my grandfathers 1967 1020 which is a 37 hp 3 cylinder gas. AAlso check out Everything Attachments. Make sure it's Imatch compatible :good2:

Reactions: Jkochis82

·
Registered
99 Posts
On a 3033r I would go with at least a 72". I ordered one with my 2038. I have a 84" I use behind my grandfathers 1967 1020 which is a 37 hp 3 cylinder gas. Also check out Everything Attachments. Make sure it's Imatch compatible :good2:
I second that, I had an Everything Attachments box scraper, great quality and customer service! I have a 3039R and had the 72" worked great.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Hiya,

I would say 5-1/2 or 6 foot. I have an older MF 5-1/2 footer that works great behind mine. I would most likely get a 6 footer if I was buying new but since the one I have is working well, I'm sticking with it.

I will say, get the heaviest one you can find in the width you want, they work better the more the weigh. My MF is built like a tank and weighs a ton for its width, its got cat1 and 2 hitch plates on it so its way over built for my 3320 and I still hang six suitcase weights on it to make it heavier.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Another vote for 72"

I'd also say a 72". I have a 72" land plane for my 3033R and it seems just about right.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Appears to be a unanimous decision here - and I couldn't agree more - I have a 72" on mine with the R-1 tires out in widest position and 72" is still outside the tires..

·
Registered
416 Posts
5 1/2 footer is plenty for my 3320, it will stop the tractor (4 wheels spinning) when cutting hard ground a little to deep. Since I use it in the woods for trail maintenance I wouldn't want one any wider.

·
Premium Member
10,139 Posts
When I upgraded to a 3039R (R4s') I upgraded the BB from a 60" to a 72".

The 60" basically matched the rear wheel width.

If you can find a 66" that will work. Probably easier to find a 72".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts