Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a brand new 3033r power reverse and am in the process of adding rear lighting and a light bar to the front grill.. my plan is to use the factory horn wiring for the front lights.. I had seen this done on a YouTube video but it was not explained.. today I found the horn leads behind the grill which are perfect but I am unable to find the leads under the dash.. does anyone have any insight on where they might be hiding.. I assume they are there so it’s easy to wire up a factory horn but I can’t seem to find them

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I like the idea of using a switch at that location and the factory wiring to run the lights. I have never looked for the wires, but I did find this; Should be upper left side of dash. item "L".

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
need to post some pictures when you get it figured out, I bet there are a few people on here that would do this.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I finally got it figured out.. the leads were tucked down in a hole doubled back and zip tied to other looms of wires.. I was bound and determined to find them haha

I feel as tho both the front and rear lights came together well.. for the rear I found some keyed unused power by the rear pto and ran up up to a switch by the cup holder.. for the front light bar I was able to use the factory wiring for the horn I just had to ground the switch to the chassis so the light on the switch would work.. also I may have to make new brackets for my front light as I fear it’s pointing up in the air a little bit but I’ll have to wait to find out..
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Shoe Automotive tire Vertebrate Tread Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Finger Automotive exterior
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Car
Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grass Automotive exterior
Vehicle Hood Green Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Electronic instrument Bumper

·
Registered
278 Posts
That front photo looks awesome, kinda menacing... How have you found it a few months on @Tursky4 ? It looks like a good spot for the light bar, above the bucket enough for night driving. And the rears look like they'd give good light for hitching up, but how does it go for reversing with implements?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That front photo looks awesome, kinda menacing... How have you found it a few months on @Tursky4 ? It looks like a good spot for the light bar, above the bucket enough for night driving. And the rears look like they'd give good light for hitching up, but how does it go for reversing with implements?
One thing about the front light is it’s tilted back a little to be honest I don’t do much night driving.. the true test is going to be when the snow starts flying and I use the tractor to plow..

The rear lights are very useful when hooking up implants and also when reversing as well.. I have them aimed down a bit as hooking up implements was my main concern but with more time in the dark I’m sure I will adjust them. Overall I am pleased with them considering I have about 60 bucks in parts and a little time.. I am afraid I may need a rops mounted light for plowing but again time will tell.. if that’s the case I will get a magnetic light bar with a 12v male outlet on it so I can remove it when not in use.. I didn’t want to put a permanent light in the rops because I didn’t want it riped off when brushhogging and driving in the woods

·
Registered
278 Posts
I like the idea of a magnetic lightbar, I too would like it off when in thick scrub.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts