Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used 3033R with a mid-mount 72” mower deck. I am asking this question without doing any other research. I am wondering if there is an adjustment allowing the mower deck to raise higher to create more clearance? It does lift off the ground but only a very few inches. It is an “auto connect” deck which works very well and with limited use I have found the mowing quality excellent. The linkage seems to tuck itself away pretty well when the deck has been removed. Thanks in advance. I hope to find time tomorrow to take a good look at how the mechanism operates.
Ken

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I recently purchased a used 3033R with a mid-mount 72” mower deck. I am asking this question without doing any other research. I am wondering if there is an adjustment allowing the mower deck to raise higher to create more clearance? It does lift off the ground but only a very few inches. It is an “auto connect” deck which works very well and with limited use I have found the mowing quality excellent. The linkage seems to tuck itself away pretty well when the deck has been removed. Thanks in advance. I hope to find time tomorrow to take a good look at how the mechanism operates.
Ken
I don't think there is.

I had the same issue with the 3033R. Mine came the smaller R4s which leave very little ground clearance for the mower deck. Later I had traded that tractor on a 4066R and moved the mower deck to a 3039R, which the 3039R had the larger/taller optional R4s and the clearance was much better. So I guess I should say yes, there is a way to get more clearance but the only way I know of involves changing out the tires for larger/taller tires to get that added clearance.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I too am disappointed that I cannot achieve more ground clearance with my auto-connect 60" mower deck on my 3033R equipped with turf tires.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I too am disappointed that I cannot achieve more ground clearance with my auto-connect 60" mower deck on my 3033R equipped with turf tires.
I am also on turf tires - my brother has R 4s on his and also wishes his would lift higher. I am very pleased with the tractor and all it can do for me. I thought maybe I was overlooking something. I searched the dash hard for the “easy button.” The deck is very simple to disconnect so I just drop it when headed to a different project but I find it odd that it doesn’t lift higher. I am truly enjoying the rig and what it can help us with. I find myself looking for reasons to use it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts