Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure of correct terminology. I am thinking about adding a grapple to my 3038e. I would need to add a hydraulic line to operate the grapple. Not sure if this also requires a additional control valve. So what are my best options in terms of both price and operation. I have about 7 acres of brush we are clearing. Thanks Bill T

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Check out WR Long website, they make 3rd function kits. Mine works great on 2032r.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
not sure of correct terminology. I am thinking about adding a grapple to my 3038e. I would need to add a hydraulic line to operate the grapple. Not sure if this also requires a additional control valve. So what are my best options in terms of both price and operation. I have about 7 acres of brush we are clearing. Thanks Bill T
Kens "Bolt on Hooks" has the diverter valves. Check out his page . He is a Site supporter here.
Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

·
Administrator
23,182 Posts
Kens "Bolt on Hooks" has the diverter valves. Check out his page . He is a Site supporter here.
Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

Thanks, but our is not a complete kit and it may not play well with the "E" series loaders. He would be better served with the 3rd function kit from WR Long. You can buy them through your dealer, or online from Everything Attachments, they do not sell direct.

·
Administrator
23,182 Posts
have not had much luck with WR Long website. local deere dealer is peparing a quote with installation..does not look like a easy install.
As I mentioned above, they don't sell direct. Here is the page showing the 3rd function kit-I agree it's not much info: W.R. Long, Inc. | Electric Hydraulic Valve Kit

And here is Homestead Joe's video of the install on his 2038 so you can get the idea of whats involved:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I installed the WR Long kit that I got from Everything Attachments. It was pretty easy to do myself.... not too difficult at all.

Reactions: goat704!

·
Registered
65 Posts
WR Long kit operation is great. The installation on a 3033r was a little challenging. The real estate under the seat is tight. Very difficult to disconnect the existing fittings and get the new fittings tight. Looking back at WR Long's instructions, I may have done the plumbing wrong, but it works, so ....

But once installed, it works great. My kit is the same as in Joe's video, my tractor's just a little different.

Reactions: goat704!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.